2014 Chris Tillman Today

Il BuonO

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed the game live but just watched it. I only counted 4-5 through 6 innings. Fowler got a hit off one early. The rest fouled off or out of the zone. Looked like he threw back to backs to one guy. Don't remember name offhand. Clearly doesn't have a good feel for it and hasn't all year imo.

On the bright side, his other stuff looked exceptional to me, especially his curveball, which he relied on heavily. FB velocity was good and seemed to increase as the game went along. Made some mistakes and some balls were hit hard, but command was much improved. Added his little cutter/slider thing in there occasionally with some effectiveness.

Vintage Tillman in many ways. Pretty encouraged with what I saw today.

Except for the 2nd inning that's what I saw.

Tillman did okay that game. The defense bailed him out over and over, but I guess that is typical.

Anyway, I am a bit confused by one play. 3rd or 4th inning, not sure. But it was a little infield blooper rolling up the sideline and Tillman stands over it, while the runner has to go around him to get to 1st and the guy on 3rd goes in for a score. Now I understand the desire for it to be a foul ball, but he already had 2 strikes on the guy. So wouldn't it have been more prudent to just pick the ball up, tag the runner as he moves past then lobbed the ball home and get a double play. Isn't a guaranteed out better than a possible foul?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Tillman, who pitched yesterday, won't start again until Saturday. Team wants to get him an extra side and build off yesterday's start.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The odds are very good that he ends up on the DL tomorrow.

This "tough guy" act is getting old. He's not helping this team pitching through the injury. There were no fluky hits and this Texas team isn't that a great hitting team anymore. He not only practically put us out of contention in tonight's game but could put a hurting on the bullpen for the Oak series. We're already dealing with the travel and playing on short rest, we don't need this.

Archived