2014 Chris Tillman Today

Il BuonO

Do you consider him to be our best pitcher? Because he's supposed to be, but the last four starts he hasn't looked the part.

I was kind of hoping that Ubaldo would be our best pitcher, to be honest...but he hasn't exactly made hopping on that bandwagon easy.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was kind of hoping that Ubaldo would be our best pitcher, to be honest...but he hasn't exactly made hopping on that bandwagon easy.

I said before the season started that Gausman would be the best pitcher we had in the rotation by seasons end and I'm sticking to it.

Tillman can and will turn things around, but his ceiling isn't as high and never had been.

I said before the season started that Gausman would be the best pitcher we had in the rotation by seasons end and I'm sticking to it.

Tillman can and will turn things around, but his ceiling isn't as high and never had been.

Gausman needs to exhibit (much) better control in the minors (in addition to being allowed to stretch out by the powers above) before I'll put much stock in him this season. Fingers crossed, but not confident.

Gausman needs to exhibit (much) better control in the minors (in addition to being allowed to stretch out by the powers above) before I'll put much stock in him this season. Fingers crossed, but not confident.

Ok, I've had it with you. I'm taking my prognostication and going home. :slytf:

Oddly, it's now arguable that Norris is our best pitcher.

Norris 3.82 ERA, 5.89 IP/start

Chen 3.95 ERA, 5.86 IP/start

Tillman 3.97 ERA, 5.96 IP/start

Jimenez 4.73 ERA, 5.71 IP/start

Gonzalez 4.78 ERA, 5.38 IP/start

Oddly, it's now arguable that Norris is our best pitcher.

Norris 3.82 ERA, 5.89 IP/start

Chen 3.95 ERA, 5.86 IP/start

Tillman 3.97 ERA, 5.96 IP/start

Jimenez 4.73 ERA, 5.71 IP/start

Gonzalez 4.78 ERA, 5.38 IP/start

It's like looking at a funhouse mirror.

In all seriousness, I've been surprised by how good Norris' stuff has been this season. If he can hold rank where he is right now, he's a good 4th starter (as opposed to the guy on the perpetual chopping block awaiting Gausman's arrival).

Isn't it just like Chris Tillman to give us the "ace" tease once again? I'm so tired of falling for it. He's too inconsistent with his mechanics to ever be as good as we hope he'll be. He's a horse, but he's still Chris "Tease" Tillman IMO.

I had a dream the other night in which Tillman returned to stepping backwards to start his delivery, as opposed to the sidestep thing he's been using, and he fell over while throwing a fastball. Of course, the pitch turned out to be a strike, so he tried to repeat his falling-over delivery for the rest of the game.

Can't remember who won, though.

Archived