Here's the latest on the O's at theWinter Meetings from MLB.com

markpolis

I'm on board with trying to change the subject. It probably would be Broussard or Reed. Both of them are interesting.

Do you think we could package Rlo with some others for Sexson?

It seems like they are talking about moving him.

If so, how many more players would it take to get it done?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People like you are making it a bigger deal then it needs to be...Should have just PM'ed this to Bigbird instead of putting it on here...Hijacked a perfectly good thread.

No sir, you hijacked the thread by pointing something relatively meaningless out in an effort to.... It appears to enhance you ego.

And i am telling you what is actually going on, coming from the words of our GM.

You jumped on me for saying it and i just showed that the BRewers are indeed interested.

Just as i can say things differently to posters, you could have said that the Brewers haven't had contact with us the past few weeks.

Instead, you act as if YOU know it all and want to slam my idea of Rlo for Jenkins.

I'm sensing tension in the board tonight. What we really need is a good signing to help us forget our animosity. Luis Gonzalez anyone? :D:D

Everything is a big deal to you. You're always right, you're condesending, and you go on the attack when someone has a different opinion that yours. I'm telling you what I was told. You remind me on the little nerd kid who always went around saying "I told you so". If there was a way I could prevent you from reading future posts of mine I would activate it today.

Bigbird, please continue posting. I know a lot of us appreciate your insight and realize that things do change. T

I know a lot of us have had issues with a certain person. That person not willing to see the other side of issues.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This is how.  Baseball America. Draft Prospects Ranked #364 prospect in 2023 draft   School: Liberty Source: 4YR Commit/Drafted: Never Drafted  Age At Draft: 21.2  Gibson made a strong early impression at Liberty by putting up a 3.32 ERA with 70 strikeouts and 21 walks in 65 innings as a freshman in 2021. His second season wasn’t as strong. With 72 strikeouts in 56 innings, his strikeout rate was actually up year over year, but otherwise, the numbers paint a grimmer picture. His ERA ballooned to 6.75, his hits allowed per nine innings went from 7.1 to 10.1 and his walks allowed per nine innings went from 2.9 to 4.8. Gibson didn’t pitch at all for Liberty in the 2023 season, but threw in the Cape Cod League during the summer. He struggled through his first four appearances, posting a 13.50 ERA in 10 innings, with 12 strikeouts and eight walks. Gibson pitched around 89 and got his fastball up to 92, but he struggled to land his secondaries, which include a downer curveball in the mid 70s, a low-80s slider and a mid-80s changeup. There’s arm talent here, but his inconsistencies, lack of playing time and history with arm injuries in 2022 could make him a complicated draft target.
    • I’m sure it’s not easy being asked some of the questions he gets. This is someone who started in the All Star Game last year. He knows he has had a down year. 
    • Glenn, you’re a very good poster but apparently a bad Googler.  No problemo.  This was reported April 26. Injuries: MASN’s Steve Melewski reported that Bowie’s Zach Peek (right shoulder inflammation) and Aberdeen’s Reed Trimble (right hamstring discomfort) were both placed on the injured list yesterday.
    • This is an article targeted toward Pirates fans but profiles a Korean reliever recently let go by the Marlins. Groundball pitcher with an option. Numbers look Tate-ish. Best of all, he has an option. https://rumbunter.com/posts/pittsburgh-pirates-should-pursue-this-recently-dfa-reliever-woo-suk-go-01hz5msrvqq4
    • I agree. I think in general relievers will be the big items this July.
    • Perhaps Suarez will be the Orioles version of Ramiro Mendoza. 
    • What about Crochet? White Sox are a bunch of players short of competing. 
  • Popular Contributors