Here's the latest on the O's at theWinter Meetings from MLB.com

markpolis

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes they do but i find it hard to believe that they were interested for a while, then weren't and a day or 2 later, they meet with us on the first day of the meetings to discuss him.

BB seemed pretty adamant about it.

Personally, i think the Brewers always have been and BB was trying to prove a point with me that i don't always know if a team is interested.

SG, it sounds like basic postering between the two clubs. It seems as though Melvin was ready to pull the trigger and the FO wanting to see what else was available for RLo. When it's all said and done, I think we'll have Jenkins and RLo will be with the Brewers.

Where does it say that they are. The writer wrote the following:

In the past, the Orioles have reportedly talked about sending Lopez to Milwaukee for left fielder Kevin Mench. Those talks may or may not be revived, but the Brewers are definitely interested in moving either Mench or right fielder Geoff Jenkins. Milwaukee general manager Bob Melvin said the O's were one of two teams he met Monday.

Maybe when guys like Meche, etc are asking for $10 million a season they are looking again. But you should know better than I. You know everything better than everyone!

And you can add this quote as well:

"We talked about names, but I can't say it's anything interesting at this point," he said.

They want Penn for Mench or Jenkins I bet and the O's don't want to do that.

So they're also interested in Bedard, Cabrera, Loewen, Wright, and Benson. Hummm...you're right.

Ok..Duq confirmed that the Brewers were interested in Rlo. Why can't you just say ok and say you were wrong, especially with the tone you had towards me when we were discussing it?

Ok..Duq confirmed that the Brewers were interested in Rlo. Why can't you just say ok and say you were wrong, especially with the tone you had towards me when we were discussing it?

You have a lot of nerve talking about using tone with people. Like it or not it's a fact that there have been no talks before today with the Brewers concerning RLo since the rumored Mench/Rlo deal was talked about a month ago. Even the writer notes that talks may be revived which if I'm correct mean they were dead? I really don't gove a rats ass if you believe it or not because YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. Ask most people here.

You have a lot of nerve talking about using tone with people. Like it or not it's a fact that there have been no talks before today with the Brewers concerning RLo since the rumored Mench/Rlo deal was talked about a month ago. Even the writer notes that talks may be revived which if I'm correct mean they were dead? I really don't gove a rats ass if you believe it or not because YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. Ask most people here.

That's fine but that doesn't mean there interest wasn't still there and obviously, it is/was.

I think Sports Guy got the best of that one.

If Seattle is interested, anyone think we should we ask for Jeremy Reed.

James Johnson and RLo for Reed (who could be another Patterson type guy)

Not trying to get the best of anything...All i am saying is BB has been short with me and i am just pointing this out..That's all.

Archived