2014 Miguel Gonzalez Today

Il BuonO

Beating before and after. Stunk before. Stunk after. 34 minute delay. You don't leave your starter in after a delay. The Tigers didn't. Neither should we. Poor decision making by Buck.

Poor decision making driven by the fact that the starting rotation routinely puts the bullpen in an awful position.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In defense of Buck (and I do disagree), he is already in save the bullpen mode. Our stating pitching still sucks, and still can't pitch deep into any game.

No doubt it complicates things when you have to consider how to juggle your BP in the 4th or 5th inning because your starter is either ineffective or piling up pitches so quickly.

So, how long do we give Buck, the coaching staff, and DD? April 15th? April 30th? If they're not back in contention in a week or two you gotta think they don't really want it enough and it's time to clean house. When the World Series is your goal you can't wait around to see if this is just four games, or rather the beginning of 1998-2011 all over again. You gotta do something!

Why both look like they did last year. We need to upgrade both.

I never was a fan of both. Seems like they are decent #4/#5's but require extra rest to be effective.

Pretty sure the future of the Rotation will Include Tillman, Jimenez, Gausman, Bundy, and X.

Brighter days are ahead of us...

I never was a fan of both. Seems like they are decent #4/#5's but require extra rest to be effective.

Pretty sure the future of the Rotation will Include Tillman, Jimenez, Gausman, Bundy, and X.

Brighter days are ahead of us...

I agree. I think Gausman is up real soon.

Beating before and after. Stunk before. Stunk after. 34 minute delay. You don't leave your starter in after a delay. The Tigers didn't. Neither should we. Poor decision making by Buck.

To be fair to Buck, the Tigers had Smyly available because of a rainout last night. Buck did not have that luxury unless he was prepared to skip Norris in the rotation.

Archived