2014 Miguel Gonzalez Today

Il BuonO

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, how long do we give Buck, the coaching staff, and DD? April 15th? April 30th? If they're not back in contention in a week or two you gotta think they don't really want it enough and it's time to clean house. When the World Series is your goal you can't wait around to see if this is just four games, or rather the beginning of 1998-2011 all over again. You gotta do something!

One start each should be enough. Maybe not even one for Norris because, well, everybody just knows about Norris. Definitely time to clean house.

Let's get rid of Thorne and Manfra while we're at it...

He will start. I dont see them putting anyone of our starters right now into the pen. Probably use Gausman and skip Chen/Gonzo/Norris in the rotation until they figure out what to do.

Is Gausman in Detroit now? I heard last night that they were bringing him up in case the game was rained out today. If he's here, why not pitch him on Sunday? He pitched a pretty good game last year against the Tigers. 6 IP, 1 ER on 5 hits.

Pitches: 78 (46 Strikes, 32 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (81 Strikes, 71 Balls)

29 (17 Strikes, 12 Balls)

12 (61 Strikes, 61 Balls)

22 (15 Strikes, 71 Balls) *

* Gonzalez recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

Miguel will bounce back, book it.

Is Gausman in Detroit now? I heard last night that they were bringing him up in case the game was rained out today. If he's here, why not pitch him on Sunday? He pitched a pretty good game last year against the Tigers. 6 IP, 1 ER on 5 hits.

Gausman is listed as the starter in Norfolk at 7 pm tonight.

Thought this was interesting. Last season Tillman got a lot of attention (well deserved), but Gonzo had an ERA that was just .07 points higher and a WHIP that was just .005 points higher. They were basically identical pitchers last season, except Gonzo made 5 less starts. He will be just fine.

I'm not too impressed with him right now though he seemed to settle down toward the end. The outing is best exemplified with the SO of Jeter in which the final pitch was maybe the most perfect pitch at the bottom of the zone he could have thrown. Every other pitch was all over the map completely missing Wieters target like he did for much of the start. I actually think Jeter was surprised he put it there.

And the Yankees missed on some chances early on after blistering some balls off Gonzalez. Somehow he got through six.

IP 6

H 7

R 3

BB 1

SO 3

HR 2

2014 ERA 9.64

Archived