Cards @ Baltimore in August -- What Should I Know about Camden, Baltimore, etc?

CardsFanBob

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. I was looking at that one. I"m wondering about the Hampton Inn by the park too... I might be able to save a few points staying there. It still looks like it's an easy/cheap cab fare to all of Fells, Harbor, and Federal.

Is the Hampton Inn sold out? Both are nice. One is closer to the park. The other is closer to bars and restaurants in Harbor East,etc,, . Circulator bus will take you to most places during the day.Goes up to Federal Hill and also to Fort McHenry

I think the area around Presidents Street is nicer at night then Washington Blvd,if the Orioles have no game.

I hope you have an excellent stay in Baltimore.

The Inner Harbor area has just about anything you'd want or need in terms of recreation. If you're into history (like me) I'd recommend Fort McHenry, the B&O Railroad Museum (further west), the Maryland African-American History Museum and the Shot Tower - which is further east - but definitely worth seeing for the historical value.

You can also take the water taxi from the harbor down to the Fells Point area where there are numerous bars and restaurants catering to the out-of-town crowd and there's also Baltimore's Little Italy which is also a bit east of the harbor area.

To get wild, there's Pickle's Pub right across the street from Camden Yards on the west side of the stadium and that place can get pretty crazy and fun depending on the crowd.

If you're feeling adventurous, I'd suggest Lexington Market, it's about 6 or 7 blocks north of Camden Yards on Eutaw Street (that's the street with the warehouse and the Boog's BBQ and team store). Some people get freaked out by the clientele (older Black winos) but the food is just about excellent (try Faidley's for the best seafood you'll ever have: http://www.faidleyscrabcakes.com/).

If you have more questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Good luck and have a great time!

MSK

Forget Crab Cakes ..... Go to Bo Brooks on the far side of the Harbor for Steamed Crabs:D

Everyone's gonna tell you where to get crabcakes but don't leave the area without getting pit beef. Chaps is the big one but there are plenty around. Ask for tiger sauce and then extra tiger sauce.

I've heard of this pit beef. It's just rare roast beef, right?

It might be tough to impress a midwesterner on beef... but I'll give it a try. ;)

Archived