Cards @ Baltimore in August -- What Should I Know about Camden, Baltimore, etc?

CardsFanBob

Just a few weeks away, and I must admit the wife and I are pretty excited about the trip to your city. We're frequent travelers, but we had our first child in March, and have been grounded since... Obviously, it's well worth it, but we're looking forward to some new experiences.

I've saved a laundry list of bars and restaurants to visit; now, the hard part -- deciding which ones to hit up!

By the way, congrats on the great season thus far!

In St. Louis, we're grateful to be in the race, but a bit disappointed with our boys this summer. However, the injury bug has bit us mighty hard.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a great time! I feel the need to mention that Natty Bo is no longer brewed in Baltimore. It's brewed in Milwaukee. I don't get the fascination with it, other than for nostalgia purposes and the logo. There are better, locally brewed beers out there! Heavy Seas and Brewer's Art come to mind.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to partaking in many brews; I hope to experience all of those mentioned.

Right now, we're trying to iron out where we want to sit. We're going Friday and Saturday. One game we're planning on sitting as close to the Cardinals dugout as possible. I spoke with O's ticket folks -- and they were incredibly nice and impressive, BTW -- and they mentioned the first 10 or so rows are the "premier" seats that run $150 or $175 a seat, comes with club access, and a free sandwich.

I don't know... it doesn't sound like much of a deal. It looks like we can seats just behind that section for anywhere from $70 to $90 a pop... I'll gladly pocket the rest of the money to be spent on beer.

Any other thoughts on where we should sit for the other game for a "unique Camden experience"? I'm all ears!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to partaking in many brews; I hope to experience all of those mentioned.

Right now, we're trying to iron out where we want to sit. We're going Friday and Saturday. One game we're planning on sitting as close to the Cardinals dugout as possible. I spoke with O's ticket folks -- and they were incredibly nice and impressive, BTW -- and they mentioned the first 10 or so rows are the "premier" seats that run $150 or $175 a seat, comes with club access, and a free sandwich.

I don't know... it doesn't sound like much of a deal. It looks like we can seats just behind that section for anywhere from $70 to $90 a pop... I'll gladly pocket the rest of the money to be spent on beer.

Any other thoughts on where we should sit for the other game for a "unique Camden experience"? I'm all ears!

There are seats on top of the batter's eye in center field now. There's a rooftop bar, and in front of the bar are seats you can buy tickets for. I've never sat up there for a game but the view is fantastic. The section is called Center Field Roof Deck. Looks like for the Cards series, they're $45 each. There really aren't any bad seats in Camden Yards, though I would avoid the seats between third base and the left field foul pole. Some of them are angled towards the outfield, so you have to crane your neck to see home plate.

Wanted to welcome you to OPACY. In my opinion, it is the best facility in the MLB although I have not yet been to your new park. We are used to Yanks and Sox fans invading our stadium, so Cards fans (who travel just as well) are more than welcome, at least in my mind.

Don't get down on your Cards - I think it was just a couple years ago when you guys made a miraculous run in the final few weeks of the season to pas the Braves for the wild-card. Then, all you did was go on to win the World Series!

Plenty of baseball left for us all!

There are seats on top of the batter's eye in center field now. There's a rooftop bar, and in front of the bar are seats you can buy tickets for. I've never sat up there for a game but the view is fantastic. The section is called Center Field Roof Deck. Looks like for the Cards series, they're $45 each. There really aren't any bad seats in Camden Yards, though I would avoid the seats between third base and the left field foul pole. Some of them are angled towards the outfield, so you have to crane your neck to see home plate.

I spoke with a ticket agent who mentioned those, but he said they weren't available yet.... Have they been released to the public now? Maybe I"m just an idiot and couldn't figure out how to buy them.

The other added extra for your visit is the 60th Anniversary franchise (1954-2014) celebration which will be that Friday night at Camden Yards, fireworks, special activities.

I'm very much looking forward to all of that. I'm hoping I can talk the wife into going into the game early to see the HOFers. It's something we take a great deal of pride in St. Louis having our living legends always around the park... I'd love to see some of the O's greats.

Wanted to welcome you to OPACY. In my opinion, it is the best facility in the MLB although I have not yet been to your new park. We are used to Yanks and Sox fans invading our stadium, so Cards fans (who travel just as well) are more than welcome, at least in my mind.

Don't get down on your Cards - I think it was just a couple years ago when you guys made a miraculous run in the final few weeks of the season to pas the Braves for the wild-card. Then, all you did was go on to win the World Series!

Plenty of baseball left for us all!

Busch is a solid stadium. Ownership didn't get much in terms of public funds, so they didn't go "all out" IMO. It's still much better than Busch II, which is what I grew up in. I will say that we recently opened "Ballpark Village", which is the equivalent to your PowerPoint Live. Being right next to the stadium, it's a fun destination to watch games, if you don't have tickets. I will say that the Cardinals HOF is inside... and it's very impressive. If you're a baseball junky, you could spend hours in there looking at the memorabilia. They have many of our WS trophies there, lots of interactive media, you can even hold a Stan Musial, Ozzie Smith, or Albert Pujols game-used bat. Again... because you're not Cards fans, you'd have to be a baseball nerd to enjoy, but I did.

The best park I've been to is AT&T Park in San Francisco... breathtaking views. Such a cool atmosphere. I can't wait to go back.

I'd still like to get to Boston and NY to visit Fenway and Yankee Stadium. Although, I'm not sure I could handle the obnoxious fans. So obnoxious.

Now, regarding the season... Oh, I've learned well never to give up with the Cardinals, no matter how much they can frustrate us. There best teams lately haven't won the World Series... You see the '06 team win one even though they only had 83 wins. Even our '11 team had a lot of shortcomings. Still, our offense is really lacking this year. But anything can happen come playoff time.

When I think of the Cardinals, I think of a tradition of class, fundamentally sound baseball and knowledgeable baseball fans. Welcome to Baltimore and see you in the World Series.

Thank you for the kind words! I have a feeling there will be a lot of Cards fans in Baltimore,and I hope that we live up to that image of us.

I spoke with a ticket agent who mentioned those, but he said they weren't available yet.... Have they been released to the public now? Maybe I"m just an idiot and couldn't figure out how to buy them.

Call 888-848-BIRD. Ask for Sean Foy. Tell him the Orioles Hangout told you to call him and ask when the seat can be purchased. Any problem, PM me here.

Tell him you are looking to sit Roof Top Bar.

Don't pass on the Blue Moon Cafe for breakfast. Someone get the Sweet Baby Jesus so everyone can taste it and wish they had ordered it and order a large stack of the captain crunch French toast for the table. You won't be disappointed at all. Also the cinnamon buns are ridiculous.

Call 888-848-BIRD. Ask for Sean Foy. Tell him the Orioles Hangout told you to call him and ask when the seat can be purchased. Any problem, PM me here.

Tell him you are looking to sit Roof Top Bar.

Wow. Thank you!

BTW, if you sit at the roof top, Eutaw seat reserved, or along the left center field in any deck, you will have to move after the game for the fireworks display.

Good to know... Maybe we'll aim to sit there on Saturday. By the way, not that it matters much, but how does the sun move across the stadium. Just wondering how much we'll bake, not that we're not used to it during day games at Busch.

Don't pass on the Blue Moon Cafe for breakfast. Someone get the Sweet Baby Jesus so everyone can taste it and wish they had ordered it and order a large stack of the captain crunch French toast for the table. You won't be disappointed at all. Also the cinnamon buns are ridiculous.

Good to know! Thank you!

Archived