New Sun article: Roberts/Penn vs Giles/LaRoche to be avoided by Angelos

Skywalker76

Sorry but not after being an Orioles fan for 16 years now and having to go through most of these years with PA as an owner. I don't trust him until he proves me wrong. It's like your girlfriend cheated on you 10 times and when you hear from someone else that she cheated on you again and she denies it, would you trust her? I don't.

I understand your motivation. But that doesn't make it right. Just because your girlfriend cheated on you doesn't prove she did it again or will do it in the future. As for Angelos, I SUSPECT he will not approve this deal. But I don't think it is right to attack him BEFORE he does it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand your motivation. But that doesn't make it right. Just because your girlfriend cheated on you doesn't prove she did it again or will do it in the future. As for Angelos, I SUSPECT he will not approve this deal. But I don't think it is right to attack him BEFORE he does it.

Didn't he say 10 times?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 10 times and I'm a complete idiot.

If you make the trade or NOT, base it on the talent of the players involved, their potentials, their salaries, when they are arbitration elgible, when they become free agents, etc.

But using Angelos' "is he a fan favorite?" as a criteria should be the lowest weighted of all! I want a winning team of players that win together, not a losing team made up of "fan favorites".

Where in the article do they use the word's "fan favorite"? They said he was a favorite of PA's. There is a difference in meaning. But for the rest of this thread it will become gopel that PA nixed the trade (which he hasn't yet) bacuase BRob is a fan favorite. Not true but it serves one the many half baked theories that get tossed around here.

BRoberts is as savvy a baseball guy as you will see come up and he can do it all on/off field.He is a team Leader to boot.Power guys are a dime a dozen compared to that.No brainer-build around this guy and they will come.

Posters who don't leave spaces after periods are a dime a dozen. Power guys are golden.

LaRoche is a very attractive option, but isn't there an old saying around the league? Something along the lines of "If Atlanta approaches you about trading for pitching, run away as fast as you can."

It's just a saying but...ask the Tigers about that one;)

Adam La Roche's name continues to come up in trade talks. This time it was Baltimore that expressed interest in the Atlanta first baseman. The Orioles were considering sending Brian Roberts and Hayden Penn to Atlanta for La Roche and Marcus Giles, but the Braves weren't interested.

~ this was posted toward the bottom on Winter Meeting whispers day 2 , on mlb.com. frankly that scares me , thye were the one's to back out, i dont really even like that deal, and i certainly wouldnt give up more, walk away quickly Duke!

Adam La Roche's name continues to come up in trade talks. This time it was Baltimore that expressed interest in the Atlanta first baseman. The Orioles were considering sending Brian Roberts and Hayden Penn to Atlanta for La Roche and Marcus Giles, but the Braves weren't interested.

~ this was posted toward the bottom on Winter Meeting whispers day 2 , on mlb.com. frankly that scares me , thye were the one's to back out, i dont really even like that deal, and i certainly wouldnt give up more, walk away quickly Duke!

Apparently you have not read this:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41251

Already over 200 posts discussing this subject. ;)

A bit unrelated, but how about we just trade Penn and a little something for LaRoche and forget BRob's name ever came up? That way, Angelos is happy, we keep our excellent 2B that I doubt a single person dislikes, and also add an incredible young 1B for part of our surplus of pitching prospects that may or may not develop. Sounds easy enough.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061205&content_id=1751300&vkey=hotstove2006&fext=.jsp

• Adam La Roche's name continues to come up in trade talks. This time it was Baltimore that expressed interest in the Atlanta first baseman. The Orioles were considering sending Brian Roberts and Hayden Penn to Atlanta for La Roche and Marcus Giles, but the Braves weren't interested.

So did we come up with this deal? If so there was alot of unwarrented posts about the FO not pulling the trigger... hmm?

A bit unrelated, but how about we just trade Penn and a little something for LaRoche and forget BRob's name ever came up? That way, Angelos is happy, we keep our excellent 2B that I doubt a single person dislikes, and also add an incredible young 1B for part of our surplus of pitching prospects that may or may not develop. Sounds easy enough.
I totally agree.

Screw Angelos being happy, that would make me and I bet most everyone on this board happy.

As much as some of us would be behind this deal, in our heart of hearts, all of want Brian to be here next year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061205&content_id=1751300&vkey=hotstove2006&fext=.jsp

• Adam La Roche's name continues to come up in trade talks. This time it was Baltimore that expressed interest in the Atlanta first baseman. The Orioles were considering sending Brian Roberts and Hayden Penn to Atlanta for La Roche and Marcus Giles, but the Braves weren't interested.

So did we come up with this deal? If so there was alot of unwarrented posts about the FO not pulling the trigger... hmm?

Hmmm... maybe the Sun article said that one of the major hurdles was PA's preference to keep BRob.

Archived