Orioles C Matt Wieters to visit Dr. James Andrews

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> are covered if Wieters goes on DL by bringing Caleb Joseph to TB, but they truly expect Wieters to catch tomorrow. Stay tuned</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's about as optimistic as we could hope for. I hope they're right.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> are covered if Wieters goes on DL by bringing Caleb Joseph to TB, but they truly expect Wieters to catch tomorrow. Stay tuned</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">May 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's about as optimistic as we could hope for. I hope they're right.

That actually makes me feel better. I cant see what is gained by O's or Matt by downplaying the injury so that leads me to conclude there are signs there for hope that this will perhaps not be a long term thing.

This team can still compete without Wieters, gosh forbid he is out for an extended period of time. We are in first place with Hardy and Jones doing nothing, Manny only playing 5 games, Davis missing 10 games and under performing when he wasn't hurt, and all 3 of Chen/Gonzo/Jimenez under performing fairly signficantly.

Hopefully Wieters is good to go though.

Now Im totally confused.He ALREADY had his MRI and the Orioles expect him to

catch tomorrow? What is this the BIZARRO world? When does Andrews come into

this decision? Or is this all phony window dressing to keep the opponent guessing?

Some from column A and some from column B? Who knows?

Now Im totally confused.He ALREADY had his MRI and the Orioles expect him to

catch tomorrow? What is this the BIZARRO world? When does Andrews come into

this decision? Or is this all phony window dressing to keep the opponent guessing?

The current reading of the MRI is probably positive, but they (the O's and/or Wieters/Boras) want to check with the preeminent doctor in the field. That's how I read it.

The current reading of the MRI is probably positive, but they (the O's and/or Wieters/Boras) want to check with the preeminent doctor in the field. That's how I read it.

You mean negative? I don't know why they would "truly expect Wieters to catch tomorrow" if the results of the MRI came back positive. Unless you mean positive as in good. :P

You mean negative? I don't know why they would "truly expect Wieters to catch tomorrow" if the results of the MRI came back positive. Unless you mean positive as in good. :P

LOL. That's how I read it, too (positive meaning good). But the fact that there has already been an MRI and the O's aren't freaking out and expecting him to play smoewhat makes me feel better. They do have somewhat of a track record of downplaying major injuries and having the bad news blind side us though, so I won't feel any better until we hear the DJA prognosis.

LOL. That's how I read it, too (positive meaning good). But the fact that there has already been an MRI and the O's aren't freaking out and expecting him to play smoewhat makes me feel better. They do have somewhat of a track record of downplaying major injuries and having the bad news blind side us though, so I won't feel any better until we hear the DJA prognosis.

Sure ...but Wieters has been playing so I tend to think that they think he's gonna be okay.

This has truly been quite a ride already. Gold Glove Catcher, SS, 3B have all missed time. Silver Slugger and GG finalist 1B is out and SS/GG CF has been slow of the mark. Injury to SS Hardy, seems like the kind to linger on and off for the year. Davis' injury seems the same. Manny is just getting back from September injury and surgery. Pitching has shown signs of life but not much. Our new closer has been successful but brings back memories of the phrase, "two pack". (Perhaps we should call him Tommy Tupac Hunter).

And yet, we awake this morning to find the Orioles, in spite of the above, and in spite of a pretty difficult early schedule, are in first place in the AL East. While we await actual diagnosis, I'm just gonna enjoy where we are.

Dr. Andrews is in Florida so Matt wants to see him. He has thrown out only one base runner this year. Looked like the Orioles did not want to talk about this till Yahoo Sports broke the story. I am sure the Orioles have done MRI,etc.I am sure he has been looked at by Dr. Wilckens. I bet Dr. Andrews has Matt's results from his tests. Be interesting to see if Matt catches tonight.

This has truly been quite a ride already. Gold Glove Catcher, SS, 3B have all missed time. Silver Slugger and GG finalist 1B is out and SS/GG CF has been slow of the mark. Injury to SS Hardy, seems like the kind to linger on and off for the year. Davis' injury seems the same. Manny is just getting back from September injury and surgery. Pitching has shown signs of life but not much. Our new closer has been successful but brings back memories of the phrase, "two pack". (Perhaps we should call him Tommy Tupac Hunter).

And yet, we awake this morning to find the Orioles, in spite of the above, and in spite of a pretty difficult early schedule, are in first place in the AL East. While we await actual diagnosis, I'm just gonna enjoy where we are.

Last year.The Orioles core players had no injuries till Manny went down late in the season. This year the core has had injuries.

I have not gone through the previous 100+ posts but didn't Dylan Bundy start having some kind forearm stiffness that turned into elbow pain... none of the O's doctors could figure it out. He went to see Dr. Andrews ...

If thats the case.... I think MW is done for the year.

:vader:

Archived