Jones still in Venezuela!!!

glorydays

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to play the part of Ned Flanders here, but I thought it was clear that 1) Jones has been told to come back to the states - yesterday, 2) Angelos has to sign off on the deal, 3) Angelos has a family matter to attend to today and 4) McPhail said not to expect anything within the next few days.

If I put this together, Jones really wanted to play in the playoffs down there. Angelos is not around to even approve the deal so they can move to the pending physicals part and move forward.

While fun to speculate, it's not worth getting overly worked up about it. At least we have a team that is turning (albeit slow and sometimes painfully) the corner.

Hell - 10 years of messiness is hard to fix in 3 months. I'm willing to give McPhail the week to see how it plays out.

Good for Jones, btw, getting to play for the team down there - he seemed to really want to play - I hope all of players feel that way in '08.

Apparently Jones' manager in Venezuela made similar comments as Jones, that is, that he was being traded to Baltimore. I appreciate the email Jones sent to this radio personality, but maybe he's gotten the word that he needs to pipe down.

Does anyone think Daniel Cabrera should be the Opening Day starter? He is the veteran now, and it might help him focus on the job at hand.

The article was printed at 1:30 this afternoon. PA has not signed off on the deal yet, so why would he (AJ) leave. I do not think we have to light the torches just yet. Maybe by the end of the week we will. It sounds as if the deal is not done yet as AM stated and the Mariners. I would like to hear from our insiders and what they are hearing is going on.

Gotta love this line in Dryer's entry

Just heard from Adam Jones via email. Said that he is still in Venezuela but obeying orders from his MLB team and not playing. He says that he said nothing about being traded to the Venezuelan press. Something may have been lost in translation somewhere.

He had like 3 paragraphs of quotes. That's not lost, that's freaking LOST!

Like I said, I won't think a trade is done until I log onto the O's MLB site and Bedard's picture is gone from the top banner

Archived