Jones still in Venezuela!!!

glorydays

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Though you have to think, if he was told to zip it, his idea of zipping it is suspect. Emailing a Seattle media personality and saying "NO NO NO ALL LIIIIES!" is hardly zipping it.

Exactly, because then he's calling Luis Sojo a liar and the Mariners spokesmen a liar. I just find it hard to believe that he talked to a reporter about nothing in particular and it came out as "I'm going to Bmore to get a physical, I'm the center piece of the deal, I'm sad to leave Seattle but am excited to be playing baseball in Bmore and it's an honor to be traded from Erik Bedard who could have won CY Young last year." That's not lost in translation, that's FUBAR.

1. Orioles and Cubs working on a trade for Brian Roberts. Everyone is reporting its a done deal, then suddenly its dead.

2. Orioles and Mariners working on a trade for Erik Bedard. Everyone is reporting its a done deal, then suddenly its dead (possibly).

3. Can anyone find the common denominator?

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy:

Mariners spokesman Tim Hevly confirmed Sunday night the team had requested the return of Jones, who has been expected to be Seattle's starting right fielder when the season begins.

"We did ask Adam to come back from Venezuela," Hevly said, declining to give a reason for the request.

The panic on here is more insane than the actual workings of the front office. PA, as much as he is hated, knows that he cannot veto a deal and ever get another person to work as the general manager of this team, and two, have another team ever deal with the O's.

Also, how in the world can you blame AM for failing this offseason if he can't make any deals? I truly believe these deals will be going down soon, but I can't believe all the jumping off of bridges that is done on here.

I can't imagine how many of you deal with the day-to-day happenings in the real world when you get your panties in a wad every time a new rumor starts.

OH has become a beauty salon with all the gossip, whining, and name-calling over the past few months.

The panic on here is more insane than the actual workings of the front office. PA, as much as he is hated, knows that he cannot veto a deal and ever get another person to work as the general manager of this team, and two, have another team ever deal with the O's.

Also, how in the world can you blame AM for failing this offseason if he can't make any deals? I truly believe these deals will be going down soon, but I can't believe all the jumping off of bridges that is done on here.

I can't imagine how many of you deal with the day-to-day happenings in the real world when you get your panties in a wad every time a new rumor starts.

OH has become a beauty salon with all the gossip, whining, and name-calling over the past few months.

I'm sure he can find someone to be a general manager even if he does veto a trade. One way he could do that is to deny that he ever vetoed a trade. And even if he admits it, there are only 30 baseball GM jobs in the world, you don't think anyone would take it?

I'm sure he can find someone to be a general manager even if he does veto a trade. One way he could do that is to deny that he ever vetoed a trade. And even if he admits it, there are only 30 baseball GM jobs in the world, you don't think anyone would take it?

It wouldn't really be a GM job with PA calling the shots. More like an assistant, but I get what your saying.

1. Orioles and Cubs working on a trade for Brian Roberts. Everyone is reporting its a done deal, then suddenly its dead.

2. Orioles and Mariners working on a trade for Erik Bedard. Everyone is reporting its a done deal, then suddenly its dead (possibly).

3. Can anyone find the common denominator?

Yeah, we gotta find this "Everyone" guy and beat the crap out of him!....:P

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-bedard0128,0,7989634.story

Looks like Bavasi thinks he's not in Venezuela anymore. This quote just stinks to high heaven. What a load!!!!

Asked today about the reasons for Jones being pulled from winter ball, Bavasi said, "Adam Jones has met his goals so there was no point of leaving him in [winter ball]. He's been called back from the club and sent home."

I don't buy this lost in translation stuff. Adam Jones said an awful lot for it to have been lost in the translation.

Here are 4 lines from Jones to the Venezuelan paper.

- (Mariners general manager Bill Bavasi) called me yesterday and told me the news.

- I've got to go to Baltimore tomorrow morning and handle things there.

- I'm the centerpiece of the deal on the Mariners' side.

- It's an honor to get traded for such a highly talented pitcher as Bedard is.

Sorry, I don't buy this misquoted or lost in translation BS. If it was a mistake on something short for "I've been traded," then I might believe it. But those are pretty straightforward, like he actually talked to Bavasi, who gave him a ton of details and forgot to say, "oh, by the way, don't say anything to anybody."

Here are 4 lines from Jones to the Venezuelan paper.

- (Mariners general manager Bill Bavasi) called me yesterday and told me the news.

- I've got to go to Baltimore tomorrow morning and handle things there.

- I'm the centerpiece of the deal on the Mariners' side.

- It's an honor to get traded for such a highly talented pitcher as Bedard is.

Sorry, I don't buy this misquoted or lost in translation BS. If it was a mistake on something short for "I've been traded," then I might believe it. But those are pretty straightforward, like he actually talked to Bavasi, who gave him a ton of details and forgot to say, "oh, by the way, don't say anything to anybody."

Exactly. It seems that both sides are trying to squelch the rumors for whatever reason. But of course only the O's/AM/Angelos are getting blamed for it by the media.

Archived