(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

You know, I just don't see any evidence at all that Manny wants brighter lights or has any kind of attitude problem that would lead to a clubhouse issue.

The other morning, on 105.7, they were talking about Manny and several callers were concerned with his attitude and cockiness and was a bad influence on Schoop.

IMO, I don't buy into any of this, and not sure, where all this is coming from.

The other morning, on 105.7, they were talking about Manny and several callers were concerned with his attitude and cockiness and was a bad influence on Schoop.

IMO, I don't buy into any of this, and not sure, where all this is coming from.

Message Board mumbo jumbo - WE be the "problem" :P

Oh yeah JMHO

I am concerned that he seems to be thinking too much about power since the start of May, rather than being an overall hotter as he was in April. Strikeouts are up --I never thought I 'd see him with three strikeouts and a homer nights like Davis.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am concerned that he seems to be thinking too much about power since the start of May, rather than being an overall hotter as he was in April. Strikeouts are up --I never thought I 'd see him with three strikeouts and a homer nights like Davis.

not sure what you are concerned with.

His walks increased by 9 for May and his Ks only increased by 6, in 4 more games and 18 PAs than April.

He has 13 multiple hit games out of 40, since May 1.

It's true Manny's OBP has dropped off this month from .385 in May to .295 in June. But in May he was hitting on a pace for 36 HR and 78 RBI and in June it's 47 HR and 139 RBI. Not sure I wouldn't take the trade off. Essentially he is trading BB for HR.

It's true Manny's OBP has dropped off this month from .385 in May to .295 in June. But in May he was hitting on a pace for 36 HR and 78 RBI and in June it's 47 HR and 139 RBI. Not sure I wouldn't take the trade off. Essentially he is trading BB for HR.

Do we need/want another Davis or Trumbo or do we want/need an all-around great hitter like Trout?

Do we need/want another Davis or Trumbo or do we want/need an all-around great hitter like Trout?
I wouldn't get in a panic over it. Essentially he had a cold week two weeks ago. We're talking about 13 Games in June so far. If it continues through the end of June I might be a bit concerned.

I don't expect Manny to hit at a high level 100% of the time. Almost nobody does. If his June performance is his idea of a slump, I'm fine with that.

I am too.

I don't like the few mental mistakes he makes, and I don't blame that on attitude, probably just his young age.

But, even Jones has been known to lose track of outs, etc.

you hate to see it happen, but it does happen.

Few 25+ home run players go through long careers without three strikeout, one home run games. Cal Ripken had one in his MVP season in 1983. Manny still has an above average strikeout percentage (meaning fewer strikeouts per plate appearance than the average player).

You know, I just don't see any evidence at all that Manny wants brighter lights or has any kind of attitude problem that would lead to a clubhouse issue.

Just a lot of little things that when viewed individually are no big deal but when you look at them all together points to potential issues to me.

I'd love to be wrong. Remember, his idol Rodriguez was viewed as a very humble, team-first guy at one point. And not saying Manny is doomed to be like Rodriguez, but there are a lot of similarities in the personality.

Buck knows best, I'm sure.

EDIT - wanted to add to this - I usually listen to Norris and Davis in the AM, and they have Brittany on quite often. Multiple times she has went out of her way to call out Machado on something - saying things like, "Why is everyone upset at Player X? Manny has had the same issues, yet no one seems to mind". That sort of stuff. Again - nothing major, but this is someone who's in the clubhouse and probably has as good a pulse on the team as any. I personally believe there are some issues there, and he'll go 1 of 2 ways as he matures. But again, Buck knows best.

Edited by glenn__davis

Just watching what you can see in the dugout, Manny seems to be happy and well liked by the team. I don't see any evidence of any kind of clubhouse issues with him. He is a perfectionist and sets high standards for himself, and when he doesn't meet them he shows his frustration. But I don't mind that. Any player who is among the best of the best is going to have some swagger. He is still young yet he has been in the ML so long, he is on the cusp of being a veteran.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 2m2 minutes ago

Bucks knows date of Machado's hearing for suspension appeal but says not at liberty to say. Not imminent #orioles

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 38s39 seconds ago

Hearing would be sometime next week for Machado #orioles

0 retweets 0 likes

This is good.