(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

Endorsed. Pay that man his money.

Strong post-avatar synergy right here.

And completely agreed. We need to lock him up. At the end of last season I speculated that he may have a bit more power potential than initially thought. Seems like that is coming to pass. Couple that with the improved plate discipline/walk rate and he's certainly on his way to being one of the better hitters in the game. To think, a few on here liked to pound their chest that he could not and would never be able to hit a slider...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Pay the man!

How much ???

Ask him what it would take to get him to be an O for the next 10 years. This guy is the best player we have had since Ripken; you don't let him go. You do whatever it takes to keep him.

I'm pretty sure that the Orioles won't do that (simply ask what it would take to keep him, and say, "OK.")

I'm hoping that perhaps when they are negotiating, they can work out some type of a lifetime security contract in which the Orioles would pay Machado $2 Million a year for 25 years after the playing contract is over.

I believe that that type of contract helps both the team and the player.