(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

Right he's supposed to be Gandhi in a situation like that. :rolleyestf: I'm happy he didn't charge the mound and I'm pissed they let Paplebon stay in the dugout.

Well he's not supposed to risk doing something stupid like take on the whole Nats dugout or get injured and useless the rest of the season. I get the feeling that a lot of opposing players and fans think Manny's a punk who needs to get taught a lesson and so I wish he wdn't provide opportunities. A game-winning homer off Scherzer had already said everything he needed to say. There's a reason Buck stayed out there at first base with him for such a long time.

Well he's not supposed to risk doing something stupid like take on the whole Nats dugout or get injured and useless the rest of the season. I get the feeling that a lot of opposing players and fans think Manny's a punk who needs to get taught a lesson and so I wish he wdn't provide opportunities. A game-winning homer off Scherzer had already said everything he needed to say. There's a reason Buck stayed out there at first base with him for such a long time.
I get the feeling you think he's a punk. He isn't close to Harper. The guy nearly got killed and you are upset because he yells at the other teams bench? Give me a break.

Let's put his reaction in perspective. That jerkoff threw a fastball near his head. I'm glad some people on here are Level 10 buddhist monks but a lot of fiery 22-year-olds might jaw at the opposing dugout for that. I'm not docking him points.
Not just once but twice. I've seen plenty of guys charge the mound after crap like that. Sometimes with the bat.

Not just once but twice. I've seen plenty of guys charge the mound after crap like that. Sometimes with the bat.

Yeah and thanks to your perspective I'd upgrade my assessment and say his reaction was impressively contained. Think about it, if a guy on the street threw a baseball at your head at 95 MPH, would anyone blame you for taking a bat to him? Why does aggravated assault stop being aggravated assault once it's on a baseball diamond? Papelbon was out of line in an incredible way.

• Upvote 1

Been a long time since I've seen a big league player charge the mound. Especially with a bat. The Roseboro-Marichal incident was one of the worst moments in my many years of watching baseball.

Did anyone catch Manny's post game interview? If not it went something like this (not verbatim)

Machado in post game regarding the home run. Their best pitcher against the best hitter. Hell yeah I won that battle, Mano o Mano let's go. I crushed it. We are fighting for our playoff lives. Every game, every at bat, every pitch so important. We have to play very well and fight every game these last 2 weeks or so.

On being hit: you know I know what he's trying to do, you can take the high road and hit me lower half or you take the low road and have no class, be dirty and go head hunting. We know it's dirty, they show no class.

Edited by O's are Legends