(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

Did anyone catch Manny's post game interview? If not it went something like this (not verbatim)

Machado in post game regarding the home run. Their best pitcher against the best hitter. Hell yeah I won that battle' date=' Mano o Mano let's go. I crushed it. We are fighting for our playoff lives. Every game, every at bat, every pitch so important. We have to play very well and fight every game these last 2 weeks or so.

On being hit: you know I know what he's trying to do, you can take the high road and hit me lower half or you take the low road and have no class, be dirty and go head hunting. We know it's dirty, they show no class.[/quote']

That's good. And I say keep showing class.

Maybe Manny was chirping but guess what, that's what orioles do, and in the context of Papelscum's move he comes out way ahead in the class department.

Let's put his reaction in perspective. That jerkoff threw a fastball near his head. I'm glad some people on here are Level 10 buddhist monks but a lot of fiery 22-year-olds might jaw at the opposing dugout for that. I'm not docking him points.

Exactly. Look at the situation. He hit the potentially game winning and season crushing HR in his last at bat. He comes up with 2 out and none on the next AB, so even if he is hit its still probably a 70-80% chance we don't score. First pitch is up and in but doesn't get the job done. 3rd pitch is up and in and hits him.

You couldn't script a more obvious beanball situation. Manny was pissed, rightfully so. I was there and I was pissed too. He kept it under control. Can't ask for anything more.

Anyone claiming Manny went off because he is a hothead already has that agenda on their mind and is just looking for any scrap to back up their agenda.

You think he was in the wrong? He was yelling "not at the head"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one should be thrown at like that.

I can see though how other teams may tire of his heart on sleeve demeanor when combined with his obvious skill.

No one should be thrown at that high though. Want to make that clear.

Manny is no saint, however.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Manny Machado’s 30th HR of the season came in clutch form! <a href="http://t.co/ZayqvSd2fF">http://t.co/ZayqvSd2fF</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Birdland?src=hash">#Birdland</a> <a href="http://t.co/eYljdbtO23">pic.twitter.com/eYljdbtO23</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">September 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Exactly. Look at the situation. He hit the potentially game winning and season crushing HR in his last at bat. He comes up with 2 out and none on the next AB, so even if he is hit its still probably a 70-80% chance we don't score. First pitch is up and in but doesn't get the job done. 3rd pitch is up and in and hits him.

You couldn't script a more obvious beanball situation. Manny was pissed, rightfully so. I was there and I was pissed too. He kept it under control. Can't ask for anything more.

Anyone claiming Manny went off because he is a hothead already has that agenda on their mind and is just looking for any scrap to back up their agenda.

He had every right to be livid.

He did hit a big time homer, with some extra gesturing around the plate.

He did have many choice words from our dugout about the home plate ump prior to that as well.

Manny wears his heart on his sleeve. Not everyone is going to be a fan of that. And at times, Manny is probably going to fall right into traps that seem obviously set just for him.

I'd like to see more Adam Jones in Manny Machado, but that's just me. Manny is still very young.

• Upvote 1

Yeah and thanks to your perspective I'd upgrade my assessment and say his reaction was impressively contained. Think about it, if a guy on the street threw a baseball at your head at 95 MPH, would anyone blame you for taking a bat to him? Why does aggravated assault stop being aggravated assault once it's on a baseball diamond? Papelbon was out of line in an incredible way.

But really, if someone on the street threw a 75-mph curveball at me that broke away from my head and missed me by 3 feet, passing me by between my knees and waist as a perfect strike, I still might take a bat to him. I'd also do the same if someone walking by me put a slap tag on me with a comically oversized leather glove. But I get your point.

o

It's been a long time since I've seen a big-league player charge the mound. Especially with a bat. The Roseboro-Marichal incident was one of the worst moments in my many years of watching baseball.

Just because I can ...

[video=youtube;ffTxD3EJawY]

We have a thread for that in the MLB section, being that it was recently the 50-year anniversary of said incident:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/149764-50-Years-Ago-Today-The-Marichal-Roseboro-Incident?p=3922196#post3922196

Please chime in on it, Scott. :)