Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bring him up and I send Lough out. Buck basically wants Lough to be a defensive replacement in teh 9th inning when we are winning. Do we really need a great left fielder in the 9th inning when the closer is Britton. He has given up 23 flyballs all season which is about 1 every 2 innings. Pearce can play out there and watch the grounders just as easily as Lough. Yes you have the backup centerfield issue but Jones rarely sits so not a problem. If you bring up Weeks you can play him in center for a game or to if need be. Weeks also gives you the spreed Lough does off the bench you want to keep. If Jones goes down for a few days send Weeks back you can bring up Berry or Paguero to play. You would have to do a little roster management though to keep a bench infielder so it would depend on how long Jones is going to miss. The way DD manages the pen I think he can figure a way to get through 3-4 games if really need be.

I bring up Reimold and Weeks and send Lough out and Flaherty. Weeks backs up 2B and center. Nolan gives you that extra hitter of the bench and he hits righties as well as lefties.

He may be no argument there. I see this whole discussion in light of who we used to be as a team. It's not shocking we are talking about a player who has been for all intensive purposes useless for three years. We're still stuck in our 07' 08' mind frame to a degree where anyone who can have a decent at bat is vitale to us. I'm thankful we no longer have to worry about players like Reimold. On a winning club players like him no longer tip the scales one way or the other. We've built depth where we have 2 or 3 guys like him. Hopefully a few more years of success we'll get out of that desperate mindset the losing put us in.

The O's have two to three guys who have a clear understanding of the strike zone and a good approach at the plate?

Why are they not on the roster?

He may be no argument there. I see this whole discussion in light of who we used to be as a team. It's not shocking we are talking about a player who has been for all intensive purposes useless for three years. We're still stuck in our 07' 08' mind frame to a degree where anyone who can have a decent at bat is vitale to us. I'm thankful we no longer have to worry about players like Reimold. On a winning club players like him no longer tip the scales one way or the other. We've built depth where we have 2 or 3 guys like him. Hopefully a few more years of success we'll get out of that desperate mindset the losing put us in.

We don't have 2-3 guys like a healthy, "right" Reimold. That's the big question of course, whether or not he can get right.

Useless for 3 years is bit harsh, considering how he got hurt and how he was playing when he did.

I much rather have Young than Reimold and not even close. Pearce has earned a starting spot, you going to take him out of the lineup?

Obviously there is no way you can take Pearce out of the lineup right now. Young has proven he can sit on the bench for a week and still have good at bats when he has called upon. Reimold always has struggled when put in the position Young is in right now; he hits better with regular playing time. Therefore, I'd rather leave things as they are. However, if Young brings something useful in a trade that is more than you could get for Reimold, you'd have to look at that.

I hope somehow we can keep him. I think he's coming back into form.

He's 30 years old hitting in the Eastern League. You do realize he's 30 years old, right? He brings nothing to the table that we aren't already getting from Pearce, Young, and even Lough.

Obviously there is no way you can take Pearce out of the lineup right now. Young has proven he can sit on the bench for a week and still have good at bats when he has called upon. Reimold always has struggled when put in the position Young is in right now; he hits better with regular playing time. Therefore, I'd rather leave things as they are. However, if Young brings something useful in a trade that is more than you could get for Reimold, you'd have to look at that.

On the other hand, the ceiling for Reimold is much higher offensively and he gives you solid AB with good speed. He's a good next up guy when/if Pearce cools off.

Agreed 100%. I doubt you get anything useful for Young. He is hated by all and is clutch IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's 30 years old hitting in the Eastern League. You do realize he's 30 years old, right? He brings nothing to the table that we aren't already getting from Pearce, Young, and even Lough.

Pearce, Young and Lough can take a walk?

Everyone agrees that the O's are too impatient, that they don't work the count, won't take a walk and then someone who can help with that becomes available and folks suddenly discount it.

I seriously doubt there are many people outside of Baltimore who're paying attention to what Nolan Reimold is or isn't doing.

On a whim, I just checked newspaper reports over the last month to see if anyone, anywhere, has been talking about Reimold and his rehab progress. That search turned up Baltimore-related sources (e.g., Camden Chat), MiL game recaps, and...nothing else.

At best, Reimold's a glass cannon. More likely...he's just a vase waiting to be dropped.

Yes it is AA but he brings one thing those other guys do not and that is plate discipline and getting on base. That is one thing the team needs. Lough brings speed and defense but if you bring up Weeks with Nolan that adds the speed aspect. I do think with Pearce playing so well it makes it harder because you want Nolan to get reps. If we stilll were getting nothing out of LF Nolan would be an option we try. You can still get Nolan in 2-3 games a week IMO. I don't think you can give Pearce every start he never has done that and would wear down. I give Nolan two starts a week there and then one at DH or RF giving Nick a break.

I seriously doubt there are many people outside of Baltimore who're paying attention to what Nolan Reimold is or isn't doing.

On a whim, I just checked newspaper reports over the last month to see if anyone, anywhere, has been talking about Reimold and his rehab progress. That search turned up Baltimore-related sources (e.g., Camden Chat), MiL game recaps, and...nothing else.

At best, Reimold's a glass cannon. More likely...he's just a vase waiting to be dropped.

The media are not but I think the other teams are. Not like the GM for the Red Sox can drop a reference to Nolan with the media, even if he was stupid enough to tip his hand it would be tampering.

The O's have two to three guys who have a clear understanding of the strike zone and a good approach at the plate?

Why are they not on the roster?

Young and Pearce are that much inferior in their approaches than Reimold? I'm calling nostalgia here.

In fact pearce is one percentage point better in career OBP. I quote money ball. ...' do we care how they get on base? ..... no we do not '.

Archived