16 consecutive games against Oakland, Anaheim, and Seattle

MarkakisFan21

Calm down, people.

Let's take this one game at a time. One series at a time ..... Just because they have similar/better records than us doesn't necessarily mean we need to go all doom and gloom here.

When this thread was started early yesterday afternoon, my only concern was beating the Red Sox.

Tonight, my only concern was beating the Nationals.

And tomorrow, my only concern will be trying to beat the Nationals again.

If you're concentrating on "formidable" opponents down the road, you're liable to get knocked flat on your ass by the team that is right in front of you.

One consecutive game tonight against the Yankees.

Let's win it.

OOoDone.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Calm down, people.

Let's take this one game at a time. One series at a time ..... Just because they have similar/better records than us doesn't necessarily mean we need to go all doom and gloom here.

When this thread was started early yesterday afternoon, my only concern was beating the Red Sox.

If you're concentrating on "formidable" opponents down the road, you're liable to get knocked flat on your ass by the team that is right in front of you.

Let's win it.

Done.

2-2 after last night's win.

Let's get to 3-2 after tonight's game.

Calm down, people.

Let's win it.

Done.
2-2 after last night's win.
Let's get to 3-2 after tonight's game.

Let's go for the sweep tomorrow, and a 4-2 record overall.

P.S. Before they ran into the Orioles, the Angels had won 10 straight home series.

The last home series that the Angels lost was to the Yankees on ....... May 5th, 6th, and 7th.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2014-schedule-scores.shtml

But the Orioles won the first 2 games of this series, so their streak is over.

One more win on this trip and we come home no worse than 4-6, 8 games over .500.

I have this sinking fear that we will close out the trip strong, and then come home and crap the bed against these same teams.

I have a sinking fear that we are going to win the division, and then crap the bed in the postseason.

Roy Firestone has a sinking fear that we are going to win the World Series in October, and then crap the bed in 2015.

Weams has a sinking fear that Zach Britton is going to run off 23 consecutive saves, and then crap the bed when he goes for # 24.

Relax ...... and enjoy the torrid, 2-game winning streak that we are currently riding. :cool:

That was a winnable game. Disaster of an 8th inning on a blunder by Schoop (**** happens), and then Buck leaving in Hunter after poor control is shown. Hunter IBB's, why isn't Brach in there?

And then leaving in Schoop to face Street in the 9th? Why?

That was a winnable game. Disaster of an 8th inning on a blunder by Schoop (**** happens), and then Buck leaving in Hunter after poor control is shown. Hunter IBB's, why isn't Brach in there?

And then leaving in Schoop to face Street in the 9th? Why?

This is a real head scratcher, barring some type of injury.

I feel more confident against them than I do a no name from AAA. We'll see.

Well they were utterly dominated by Gray and Weaver as well so the O's haven't really been hitting anyone lately. They have been absolutely terrible offensively since the extra inning explosion in DC. Hopefully they can wake up and actually do something next series so they can take 3/4. Seattle is scuffling and really isn't that good of a team.

3-3 isn't too bad but if the offense wasn't virtually useless in LA, and Britton closed out that 1st game they'd be 5-1 on the trip so far.

Archived