16 consecutive games against Oakland, Anaheim, and Seattle

MarkakisFan21

I welcome this stretch. It will be a good litmus test for the team, and even if they stumble there is time afterwards to get back on track again.

Let's see just how good this team really is, especially from a dead start after the ASB where guys may have cooled off a tad.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Missing CJ Wilson the first time around and most likely one of Richard and Weaver.

They aren't even that good. Their record is driven by an unbelievable 36-11 mark against teams under .500. The bad thing is there are no teams under .500 that make the playoffs.

I welcome this stretch. It will be a good litmus test for the team, and even if they stumble there is time afterwards to get back on track again.

Let's see just how good this team really is, especially from a dead start after the ASB where guys may have cooled off a tad.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Bring it on.

The Angels are 36-11 against teams under .500 with a +103 run differential (5.72 R/G vs. 3.53 RA/G).

They are 20-26 vs. teams over .500 with a -17 run differential (4.33 R/G vs. 4.70 RA/G).

Their offense is good regardless but their pitching is terrible against good teams and only beats up on bad teams.

Calm down, people.

Let's take this one game at a time. One series at a time ..... Just because they have similar/better records than us doesn't necessarily mean we need to go all doom and gloom here.

When this thread was started early yesterday afternoon, my only concern was beating the Red Sox.

Tonight, my only concern was beating the Nationals.

And tomorrow, my only concern will be trying to beat the Nationals again.

If you're concentrating on "formidable" opponents down the road, you're liable to get knocked flat on your ass by the team that is right in front of you.

One consecutive game tonight against the Yankees.

Let's win it.

I think if we go 8-8 in this stretch we will be in great shape to take the division.

Yup 8-8 i will ..................

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9paLA6ayLPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived