Bedard saga to be resolved soon

dkdc

Flights are delayed due to bad weather.

Probably won't even happen til Monday at the earliest.

BWI shows most flights are on time. There is a Delta flight from Phoenix that connects in Atlanta that arrives at BWI at 2:02 PM. The next flight after that comes in at 4:34 PM. My guess would be that Jones and Sherrill would fly out of Phoenix.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BWI shows most flights are on time. There is a Delta flight from Phoenix that connects in Atlanta that arrives at BWI at 2:02 PM. The next flight after that comes in at 4:34 PM.

Now this is a dedicated O's fan! :)

Can you tell us the type of aircraft? :D

I would think Murton would be good enough to start in LF. What do you think?

I think he's definitely good enough to be a starter. Whether or not you'd want him starting over Scott is debatable, but I wouldn't classify him as a "4th outfielder".

I think he's definitely good enough to be a starter. Whether or not you'd want him starting over Scott is debatable, but I wouldn't classify him as a "4th outfielder".

I suppose the best thing to do is if we have both of them is to have one in LF and one at DH. We are supposed to unload a few more players as well, so we could have both in the lineup.

I mean that could be 5 guys with over .800 OPS' this year.

I am hoping Millar's OBP can propell him into that category with Jones, Markakis, Scott and Murton being the others if the trades go through.

That is not a bad lineup. I mean we won't be world beaters, but we could actually score runs with it.

It certainly is... and that's not a bad thing.

Let's say this deal goes through, and just for kicks, the Roberts deal follows for Pie & Gallagher alone.

That's :

Troy Patton

Matt Albers

Chris Tillman

Tony Butler

Sean Gallagher

Dennis Sarfate

George Sherrill

and

Kam Mickolio

Not to mention :

Adam Jones

Luke Scott

Mike Costanzo

Felix Pie

For

Brian Roberts

Miguel Tejada

and

Erik Bedard

I would say that's a pretty good start at a rebuild. You add a significant amount of young pitching to an already pitching rich system and you solidify your outfield for the forseeable future. Are you finished? Of course not - you have major gaping holes in your infield, but this is the RIGHT WAY to fix this team, IMO.

Now, obviously the Roberts deal isn't guaranteed, but if MacPhail can pull off these three deals as I have laid them out... I will applaud the man.

It does look impressive when you write it down. Let's hope it goes through. Maybe we flip one or two of the pitching prospects for a young SS or second baseman or maybe place someone else in the Cubs deal for Patterson or Cedeno or maybe Cedeno is included.

Because they want to see how Luke Scott does in LF

I know they like Scott but he does not have the tools that Pie and Jones bring. Plus he is 29 years old. He certainly was not a throw in, in the Tejeda deal but he may not fit in the master plan which hopefully is contending or at least having a good team in 2010. I would hope that having Scott would not stop them from pursuing a Felix Pie or an outfielder of that type. With Pie, Jones, Markakis and maybe Reimold we would have a young outfield that would be exciting.

Let's just worry about the Bedard deal first, before we start debating on Roberts. If all goes well we should have the Bedard deal done tomorrow. I don't think we hear anything about Roberts for another 7-10 days. Take it day by day fellas.

I think that is great advice. Is it reasonable to assume that we could complete 2 major trades in 2 days?? Not with the glacier like speed that we move with.

Archived