MASN: Dan Duquette Talks Trade Deadline

weams

Castro isn't being traded. In fact, it's unlikely any of Castro, Addison Russell or Javy Baez is traded as two of the 3 will be used to fill in at 2B and 3B. However, if for whatever reason the Cubs did trade Castro, the price would be very very high.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm a bit intrigued by Kennedy. We'd have to send Bud Norris or Miggy the other way, though, IMO, there's no point adding another starter without losing one when we already have 6. And we're well stuck with Baldy.

I honestly am dreading this trade deadline (I guess most of them actually) more than I am looking forward to it. Just please don't trade Bundy or Harvey. I don't want to feel the way I do this year about Jake or even Hader; two trades I didn't particularly like at the time and still don't particularly like.

In general, there's just not much good value to be had for a buyer at the trade deadline.

That's because the trade deadline is not about getting good value when you're a buyer. The GMs know very well they are very likely giving up more long term value then they will ever receive in the short term, but they are willing to make that sacrifice to try to win in that year. Expecting to add major pieces as a buyer for fair value isn't being realistic at the deadline.

Tillman plus for Andrus?

I think you'd be better off moving Machado to SS and asking the Rangers about Odor who I absolutely love. He'd come much cheaper and I think he's going to end up being more valuable a guy than Profar will.

I think you'd be better off moving Machado to SS and asking the Rangers about Odor who I absolutely love. He'd come much cheaper and I think he's going to end up being more valuable a guy than Profar will.
Machado isn't moving to SS. Easier to replace Hardy's glove and upgrade offense elsewhere than try to replace Machado' production at 3B.

I guess I'm a bit intrigued by Kennedy. We'd have to send Bud Norris or Miggy the other way, though, IMO, there's no point adding another starter without losing one when we already have 6. And we're well stuck with Baldy.

I honestly am dreading this trade deadline (I guess most of them actually) more than I am looking forward to it. Just please don't trade Bundy or Harvey. I don't want to feel the way I do this year about Jake or even Hader; two trades I didn't particularly like at the time and still don't particularly like.

In general, there's just not much good value to be had for a buyer at the trade deadline.

When we already have 6 it makes more sense. Buck's having trouble juggling 6 and 7 would be even worse. Kennedy could be an upgrade... or not. It's a dice roll for sure. But for Gonz or Bud + it might be worth it. The rumors make it sound like Dan is intrigued. Kennedy is like that just below top tier option.

And overall that's what I expect. Second tier moves. Protect the CORE core but still add value to the ML team. Some might poo poo that but we're NOT getting Price or Sale or probably not even Lee. I tend to agree. I think we need some smart tweaks, not a game changer.

Zobrist is my dream trade but I think TB just wants TOO much.

When we already have 6 it makes more sense. Buck's having trouble juggling 6 and 7 would be even worse. Kennedy could be an upgrade... or not. It's a dice roll for sure. But for Gonz or Bud + it might be worth it. The rumors make it sound like Dan is intrigued. Kennedy is like that just below top tier option.

And overall that's what I expect. Second tier moves. Protect the CORE core to add value to the ML team. Some might poo poo that but we're NOT getting Price or Sale or probably not even Lee. I tend to agree. I think we need some smart tweaks, not a game changer.

Lee didn't exactly look good last night.

Pitching for High-A Clearwater on Monday night, Lee was knocked around for eight runs — three earned — on eight hits and a walk over 4 2/3 innings. He also hit a batter. Following an error by shortstop prospect J.P Crawford, Lee gave up five runs in the first inning, including a two-run home run. No word yet on his velocity, but that’s an ugly outing no matter what. Lee now has a 5.06 ERA and 8/2 K/BB ratio in 10 2/3 innings over three rehab starts.

Just stand pat and play ball! I do not want to see Dan get fleeced again, and I think we got this thing. We had some guys play well below there expectations in the first half and we are 4 games up at the break. Just stand pat.

Just stand pat and play ball! I do not want to see Dan get fleeced again, and I think we got this thing. We had some guys play well below there expectations in the first half and we are 4 games up at the break. Just stand pat.

I don't know about standing dead pat. I wouldn't mind a tweak or two.

Who do you think fleeced Dan?

The O's need a pitcher that will get them into the 7th on a consistent basis. I know that is a Captain Obvious statement but I'm worried about this bullpen wearing down with the amount of innings we placed on them already.

Tillman averages 5.92 innings

Chen 5.78

Ubaldo 5.53

Norris 6.07

Gausman 5.47

Gonzalez 5.93

Getting a starter who goes 6 seems a bit redundant.

And overall that's what I expect. Second tier moves. Protect the CORE core but still add value to the ML team. Some might poo poo that but we're NOT getting Price or Sale or probably not even Lee. I tend to agree. I think we need some smart tweaks, not a game changer.

Cole Hamel would be my target

Archived