Bottom line we need a real closer.

Greg

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a lot of baseball games both majors and minors. That was one of the most dominant innings I've ever seen. Britton was 97-99 MPH with incredible sink but almost as importantly, he mixed in some great 85 MPH sliders for strikes against the lefties. The Orioles only need a closer if Britton gets hurt because that is about as dominant closer stuff as it gets.

I've seen a lot of baseball games both majors and minors. That was one of the most dominant innings I've ever seen. Britton was 97-99 MPH with incredible sink but almost as importantly, he mixed in some great 85 MPH sliders for strikes against the lefties. The Orioles only need a closer if Britton gets hurt because that is about as dominant closer stuff as it gets.

He really was amazing.

Everyone says we need a strikeout closer but if you look at the numbers for Britton as the closer he is near the top in k's

Huh?

Britton is at 7.5K/9 (might be higher after this game). There are 40 STARTERS with a higher K rate, to include Phil Hughes and Jason Hammel.

Chapman was nasty yesterday though. He hit 101 twice 102 once and 103 for the final k.

That was awesome. Ton of velocity. Was that a generous gun all day?

I'm not buying it. There was a 99 mph pitch low and away to go along with several 98s. No way.

How bout those curve balls though?! While I don't buy the speed gun, I'd be willing to bet the sinkers looked like 99mph after seeing two curve balls at 84.

Huh?

Britton is at 7.5K/9 (might be higher after this game). There are 40 STARTERS with a higher K rate, to include Phil Hughes and Jason Hammel.

He didn't stikeout guys when he was in middle relief and going more then one inning. Since taking over as closer he as at 9.7k/9

That wast the best I've ever seen Britton. 98 MPH sinkers and 85 MPH sliders, everything looking thigh high and then diving out of the zone. At the end of a long, hard fought road trip that's exactly what they needed. Really fun to watch.

Britton is awesome. He has blown 3 saves but I feel extremely confident in him when he's on the mound. He's also starting to strike out more guys. He could very well be the 3rd best closer in the AL behind Koji and Holland. At the very least, he's a top tier closer in the AL.

Archived