Bottom line we need a real closer.

Greg

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love this board, Anyone think this thread gets bump if Britton sucked after this thread was started?

I'm not a fan of easy layups so I'll play it straight. I think if Zach had shown even the slightest sign of chronic weakness he would be getting as much play as Ubaldo is right now. Instead he's been lights out and for his trouble, every now and then he gets noticed. In fairness, a lot of people are beginning to come around about Zach, and IMO it's about time.

I love this board, Anyone think this thread gets bump if Britton sucked after this thread was started?

I think there would have been three new threads on the various nuanced ways in which he sucked, one about how Duquette was negligent for not properly addressing the closer role, and one complaining when the previous four threads got merged into this one.

Yes.

By you.

Yep, especially rich considering on August 6th during Chen's last start he bumped a thread to pat himself on the back for predicting Chen's failure FIVE BATTERS INTO THE GAME. If you crown yourself as the king of "I told you so", you shouldn't be surprised when it comes back around on you.

Yep, especially rich considering on August 6th during Chen's last start he bumped a thread to pat himself on the back for predicting Chen's failure FIVE BATTERS INTO THE GAME. If you crown yourself as the king of "I told you so", you shouldn't be surprised when it comes back around on you.

His incredulity at having this "bumped" really says it all about him as a poster.

It's almost like he isn't happy Britton is thriving.

If Britton had blown two saves in the last month, the O's were 6 games up instead of eight, and he was 25/30 instead of 27/30 there would be an ongoing thread (maybe this one) about how he was clearly not cut out to be a closer, why the hell didn't we have one of these shiny new closers with 12 K/9, and that Duquette was a brainless wonder who was an idiot for not acquiring a guy with ice in his veins at the deadline.

Exactly, which is why some posters are best left in the ignore box! :)

Wellll - doesn't every board need a Trea? Birdland has his strengths and weaknesses like all of us - I like his tweetiness! Not even Can 0 C is perfect (well except in his own mind ;) ) Just kidding CoC - the popcorn h8r! :D We kid because we :hearts: !

bobmc, Benevolent Troll :slytf:

I still hate having one, set "closer."

Also, I kind of hate seeing threads like this bumped with "I told you so" replies. If I'd have told you in May that Chris Davis would be finishing August with a worse OPS than every single Orioles regular except for Schoop, you'd have said I was nuts. Same goes for if I'd told you that the O's would bump Ubaldo from the rotation, lose Wieters AND Manny for the majority of the season, and frequently start three players with OBPs below .292...all while maintaining a seven game lead on the Yankees heading into September.

Everything about this team is wonderfully improbable. Playing hindsight on this board would be like inviting God Himself to drop a quarry's-worth of gravel on a city of glass houses.

Archived