Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

How much better did the A's get here? That's a big bat they lost. I guess that allows them to bump Hammel out of a playoff rotation, which makes them better. It does make sense that Cespedes goes because they won't be able to afford him next year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although the Red Sox will have Cespedes AND Lester next year almost for sure.

Yep; I firmly believe this is what the Sox are counting on. Their OF was a real mess this season so they needed to fix that.

Although the Red Sox will have Cespedes AND Lester next year almost for sure.

Why would Lester automatically want to go back to the Red Sox? I've heard the rumors too ...but they had so many guys over perform last season. Their team is flawed.

That's a good trade for Boston. I liked Cespedes too...it's gonna be a shame seeing him play for one of my least favorite teams.

It's probably awesome for Gomes and Lester...they go from a team that they just won a World Series with to the team most likely to win the World Series.

Worst to first. They can easily do it again with their payroll and that GM.

I don't know. I am not going to dismiss them but I think last year was a minor fluke for them. I think so many of those guys overachieved last year since they were so glad to have Farrell as manager and not the hated

Bobby Valentine. I think they're probably better than they have looked this year but not as good as last year. In short, a third place team.

Archived