Was ERod too much for Andrew Miller

isestrex

ERod for Miller  

224 members have voted

1. 1. ERod for Miller

• It's a steal
    • I'm fine with that price but I'll miss him.
    • Too much: worried about only 2 months of Miller vs a long career of ERod

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and Arrieta has pitched well against AL clubs the last two years with Cubs since turning things around 8 games 52 IP, 4-1 record. ERA around 3.00.

Yeah, but for some reason he never did it with the Orioles. And we didn't trade him when he was at AA; he had had plenty of opportunities on the big stage and he just never did it. At least he is on the Cubs and not a division rival. If I had to pick one of Arrieta and ERod to really pan out after leaving us, I'd pick Jake all day long.

o

Although we did not draft him, I believe that we essentially developed Chris Tillman.

When we acquired him prior to the 2008 season, the highest level that he had previously pitched at was Advanced-A.

In 2008 he was one of the 4 "AA-Boys" (Chris Tillman, Brad Bergesen, Jason Berken, David Hernandez), who won a combined 48 games in a 5-month season.

In 2009 he started the season at AAA-Norfolk, a team started the season with a record of 35-13 before all of their star players (Wieters, Reimold, Tillman, Berken, Bergesen, Hernandez, etc.) were promoted to the Orioles.

After that, Tillman bounced in between the Orioles and AAA-Norfolk until he finally settled in with the major league club midway through the 2012 season.

We also developed Zach Britton, and although he is no longer a starting pitcher, he is one of the best relief pitchers in baseball.

o

Although we did not draft him, I believe that we essentially developed Chris Tillman.

When we acquired him prior to the 2008 season, the highest level that he had previously pitched at was Advanced-A.

In 2008 he was one of the 4 "AA-Boys" (Chris Tillman, Brad Bergesen, Jason Berken, David Hernandez), who won a combined 48 games in a 5-month season.

In 2009 he started the season at AAA-Norfolk, a team started the season with a record of 35-13 before all of their star players (Wieters, Reimold, Tillman, Berken, Bergesen, Hernandez, etc.) were promoted to the Orioles.

After that, Tillman bounced in between the Orioles and AAA-Norfolk until he finally settled in with the major league club midway through the 2012 season.

We also developed Zach Britton, and although he is no longer a starting pitcher, he is one of the best relief pitchers in baseball.

P.S. Also, Tillman DID NOT pitch well in his one season at Advanced-A level before we acquired him.

In 20 starts for Advanced-A High Desert in 2007, he had an ERA of 5.26, and a WHIP of 1.510 ...... although Tillman DID average more than 1 strikeout per inning (105 strikeouts in 102.67 innings pitched), so perhaps MacPhail and his scouts saw some major potential in him in spite of his very sub-par ERA and WHIP statistics.

P.S. Also, Tillman DID NOT pitch well in his one season at Advanced-A level before we acquired him.

In 20 starts for Advanced-A High Desert in 2007, he had an ERA of 5.26, and a WHIP of 1.510 ...... although Tillman DID average more than 1 strikeout per inning (105 strikeouts in 102.67 innings pitched), so perhaps MacPhail and his scouts saw some major potential in him in spite of his very sub-par ERA and WHIP statistics.

League ruined the stats -- stuff was well regarded across the game.

League ruined the stats -- stuff was well regarded across the game.

OK thanks for that, Stotle. That would go a long way in explaining/reconciling the discrepancy between Tillman's 2007 Advanced-A season and his 2008 AA-season.

Also, as a scout yourself, would you agree with my assertion in my previous post that we essentially developed Tillman even though we did not draft him ???

OK thanks for that, Stotle. That would go a long way in explaining/reconciling the discrepancy between Tillman's 2007 Advanced-A season and his 2008 AA-season.

Also, as a scout yourself, would you agree with my assertion in my previous post that we essentially developed Tillman even though we did not draft him ???

Yeah, I think Baltimore gets to own Tillman. He's clearly a different pitcher than he was when he arrived, with plenty of developmental movement along the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived