Reed is weeded out!!!

zweem

From what I heard, the ACC got basically that same 31 mil up front from The Big 10, and the $31 mil owed the ACC was already in the ACC's hands, so I'm not sure that MD's hands are tied as far as what to do with Mssrs Anderson and Turgeon. I think they each have 1 more year to turn it around.

Maryland is still effectively $20 million in the hole for this year, as the $20-$30 million subsidy they may have received from B1G is budgeted for the increased travel expenses of switching conferences (it hasn't been released when they will receive it & recent articles suggest they haven't yet.)

In 2013, each B1G school received $25.9 million ($318.4 million league total to the ACC's $292.8 million) in shared revenue...so it stands to reason that it will take at least 1 more year to pull out of the red.

Turgeon is a great recruiter no doubt, but I'm also in the same camp that hopes he's gone after next year if this team can't win better (more?).

Turgeon is a great recruiter no doubt, but I'm also in the same camp that hopes he's gone after next year if this team can't win better (more?).

I read this all the time about Turgeon, but is it even true? When Cleare, Peters, Allen, Mitchell all underperform and then leave the program (He didn't recruit Faust right?), how can he be considered a good recruiter?

I read this all the time about Turgeon, but is it even true? When Cleare, Peters, Allen, Mitchell all underperform and then leave the program (He didn't recruit Faust right?), how can he be considered a good recruiter?

He is a great recruiter of raw talent for sure. That shouldn't be questioned (Faust recommitted with Turgeon after re-opening his search when Gary retired). What should be questioned at this point is his coaching ability of these guys that he brought in and getting the most possible out of them. So good recruiter yes, but being a good coach is still up in the air (though it's easy for us to forget that he has always been successful elsewhere). It's really disconcerting though that so many would want to leave the program, perhaps telling of either how tough he is or how soft some players these days are.

This kid was in my son's Freshman orientation at Maryland this summer. He said in the middle of it he asked out loud, "Why do I have to fill this out? I'm only going to be here a year!"

Sounds like a quality young man.

Good news for both Mr. Reed and your son. Mr. Reed won't have to fill out any more forms and your son will be living on a campus that sounds like it will be just a bit safer.

Maryland is still effectively $20 million in the hole for this year, as the $20-$30 million subsidy they may have received from B1G is budgeted for the increased travel expenses of switching conferences (it hasn't been released when they will receive it & recent articles suggest they haven't yet.)

In 2013, each B1G school received $25.9 million ($318.4 million league total to the ACC's $292.8 million) in shared revenue...so it stands to reason that it will take at least 1 more year to pull out of the red.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of the switch to the Big 10 or how it was made.

I'm doubting Turgeon's rating as a recruiter. He may be getting talented players, but there appear to be defects with these players - the kind of defects that would turn away many quality programs.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of the switch to the Big 10 or how it was made.

I'm doubting Turgeon's rating as a recruiter. He may be getting talented players, but there appear to be defects with these players - the kind of defects that would turn away many quality programs.

I hated the switch at first, losing the tradition, the rivalries, the top billing as being the top conference. But when I look back I think they should have just called it The All Carolina Conference. The types of calls, the coaches, the recruits, the press biased towards basketball's Holy Land I won't miss one bit. I'm glad Maryland made a smart financial decision, just hate the fact that it had to come down to it.

I'm still not sold on that it's a problem with the type of player being recruited. With so many players transferring out, it lead one to believe that it's more of a problem with the coach.

• 2 weeks later...
Reed goes to Auburn and Bruce Pearl. Just follow the trail of pond scum.

Bruce Pearl doesn't mind taking on these kinds of guys. He also picked up Cinmeon Bowers after FSU released him following his arrest.

I don't think you can build a contender around a bunch of kids like these.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
In case anyone was wondering, we didn't lose anything of value when Reed left campus. He's been almost a non-entity with Auburn averaging 1.1 points and 1.9 rebounds per game.

He's been very unimpressive. He's just too thin and light to be any factor right now. You can see the potential, especially on defense, but he needs to get a lot stronger.

Archived