vs. NATIONALS, 8/04

OFFNY

One hell of a fun game to watch, gents. From a lil ways behind the O's dugout. Started off doubtful because our man KG pitched a rough one but the bats come alive to make it a great night. Go O's!

Now I have no voice. Thanks to the O's resurgent offense.

42k people here tonight and it sounded like 21k O's fans. And about 12 Nats fans in the 9th inning :laughlol:

It's a good learning experience for KG. Buck proved me wrong tonight. I have to say. I was one that wanted KG out after 4. I wasn't doomin' and gloomin' since I realize anyone can have an off day but I thought Buck

should have pulled him after 4 but Buck stayed with him as long as he could and our guy squeaked out a win. Williams OTOH should have pinch hit for Roark in the 6th. They had KG on the ropes there IMO.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah good points but part of my equation is annoying fans. I don't deal with too many annoying Jays fans. I do deal with some very annoying Nats fans within my extended family who act like I'm like a Yankees fan because I didn't switch to the Nats after they moved here from Montreal. I used to be indifferent to them but I've really started to hate them since they drafted Strausberg and Harper.

Since we've both gotten good... yeah. They're pretty annoying.

Since we've both gotten good... yeah. They're pretty annoying.

Yeah. I mean I'll be honest here. I nearly considered adopting them as a sort of NL team to root for when they moved here. O's would still be no.1 since I grew up with them and such but I was and still am happy to have baseball in D.C but when the Nats started getting good, the team just you know natitude and their announcers. My god their announcers. Say what you will about Hawk Harrelson but at least the man could make up goodnicknames. There's nothing redeeming about Bob Carpenter as a PBP guy.

DC? Cool!

Yeah man you could hear Let's go O's when were rallying on the MASN 2 feed and I definitely heard Cruuuuuuuuuuuuz when Nelly came up following AJ's single. Our fans and players have so much more heart than theirs

do. I know that's not the whole story but I really do think for me anyhow it maeks the team that much fun to root for. We don't give up. I think the Nats really lost faith after they could only manage 3 runs off Gausman when he was clearly struggling to have his best stuff tonight. Turning play of the game IMO though was when Williams foolishly kept Roark in.

It's a good learning experience for KG. Buck proved me wrong tonight. I have to say. I was one that wanted KG out after 4. I wasn't doomin' and gloomin' since I realize anyone can have an off day but I thought Buck

should have pulled him after 4 but Buck stayed with him as long as he could and our guy squeaked out a win. Williams OTOH should have pinch hit for Roark in the 6th. They had KG on the ropes there IMO.

And we have all our pitching for the fake Canadian team. I like our manager.

Why not let Brach finish the ninth? Rest the pen for the Jays series?

O'Day had not pitched in 4 days.

He threw only 9 pitches to get 3 outs.

And Britton had the night off.

The bullpen should be in good shape heading into Canada.

Tonight I have been the most ill (not "ill" like "The Illadelph" or "License to Ill," either) I have been in at least a few years. A haiku, even if late and possibly pedestrian, was basically a miracle. At first I had forgotten the game as my wife watched Judy Garland movies on TCM (it's OK, she didn't know), and I came upon the contest very late. Let's conjure some more at Toronto's expense. Hosers.

Now I need an HD set so the Baseball Gods can come over.

(Sacrilege?!?)

tio

Archived