vs. WHITE SOX, 8/19

OFFNY

Abreu's dad's middle name is Oriol. :laughlol: Wouldn't it be awesome if Jose became an Oriole at some point?

Taking the quote in context, I can understand him being fatigued, but I hope he understands that he's going to be making a ton of money playing in the MLB for what should be a long and successful career -- if this start is any indication -- and part of the job is showing up to 162 games, or at least as many as you are physically able to, and being on your "A" game every single time you take the field. That's why they pay them.

Did you read the story? Actually he said it wasn't about being tired.

It's not so much that you get tired, but you spend so much time away from your family, and I'm a family guy. I want to be with them.''

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Abreu's dad's middle name is Oriol. :laughlol: Wouldn't it be awesome if Jose became an Oriole at some point?

Taking the quote in context, I can understand him being fatigued, but I hope he understands that he's going to be making a ton of money playing in the MLB for what should be a long and successful career -- if this start is any indication -- and part of the job is showing up to 162 games, or at least as many as you are physically able to, and being on your "A" game every single time you take the field. That's why they pay them.

This! Compare Adam. ALWAYS runs it out to 1B. Never quits. Leads. Money well spent. ;)

Archived