Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week. Likely lost for the season. Big hit for O's.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LA orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who did surgery on Machado's left knee in '13, expected to do surgery on right.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Upside on Machado surgery: Small abnormality found in left knee also exists in right. That will be fixed during surgery.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If Baltimore wins AL East without Machado, Wieters and with Chris Davis a shell of his 2013 self, Buck Showalter should be unanimous AL MOY.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If that report is true, I think the best play is just to start Davis every day at 3B and Pearce at 1B.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

I'm generally a man of many words, not all of which are family approved. In keeping with that:

---- this ---ing ------- stupid ----------ing random --- ridiculous ----ing ------ --- bad luck with Manny's ----------ing knees.

Thank goodness we have Ryan Flaherty.

I'm generally a man of many words, not all of which are family approved. In keeping with that:

---- this ---ing ------- stupid ----------ing random --- ridiculous ----ing ------ --- bad luck with Manny's ----------ing knees.

Thank goodness we have Ryan Flaherty.

Bill Ripkin just killed the Orioles. He said no way we go deep in playoffs now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Upside on Machado surgery: Small abnormality found in left knee also exists in right. That will be fixed during surgery.</p>— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) <a href="

only plus side.

Bill Ripkin just killed the Orioles. He said no way we go deep in playoffs now.

Other teams have dealt with worse, though the defensive hit is significant. If Cruz and Pearce get back on track (and it seems they've been showing signs), and if Davis hits at all (though he hasn't been showing signs), I still think the O's can get past the 1st round. I didn't think they stood much of a chance against the A's even with Manny, though. Maybe they'll prove me wrong again.

Archived