Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait until his excuse.

In all fairness, he could have a valid excuse. There are prescribed medications that could trigger a positive test if the test is given at the right time. Think with what happened to Gamboa in the minors this year.

Now, that is a could and we have to see what happens, but it matters little right now.

The people that are most critical about the use of others turn out to be usually the ones doing it. Time and time again this holds true.

Maybe he was at the Kentucky Derby with Wes:)

In my sixth grade Tech Ed class, one kid would always pass gas then ask angrily, "MAN!!! who farted????" and start blaming everyone else. I'm pretty sure that after a few times we all knew it was him even though he tried to pass blame on everyone else.

Last year, didn't Chris say something about how he would never use that kind of stuff? Never say never I guess...

Yes.

I specifically remember the interview before the game where he was ADAMANT about his stance on this sort of thing. That's what makes me even more ticked off about this. I get all the "well what was he supposed to say"... but having a hard time accepting that line.

what a disappointment/joke this guy is. I wouldn't even want to see him in the lineup after this whole thing if he even was able to somehow play in the postseason (which he's not).

In all fairness, he could have a valid excuse. There are prescribed medications that could trigger a positive test if the test is given at the right time. Think with what happened to Gamboa in the minors this year.

Now, that is a could and we have to see what happens, but it matters little right now.

It matters Zero to me. Whatever triggered it he should have been smart enough to not take it, period.

I believe with the new rule that was implemented with the Biogenesis players, he would not be allowed to return in the postseason.

I could be wrong though, since I'm not sure if amphetamines qualify as PEDs in baseball (I know they do in football).

I think amphetamines are their own policy.

Omg... Espn talking about how this helps the Yankees. That's their angle here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suspension of Davis covers last 17 games of regular season and 9 of playoffs, to be exact</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not a math genius but that adds up to 26 games, not 25. Just saying.

Archived