Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or maybe the manager shouldn't ride them like rented mules.

How about a compromise? Bump the roster up to 28 so there is room on the bench for a couple more position players.

Excuses plent6 of players don't take speed to play baseball if they increased roster size managers would want three more pitchers and their would be more pitching changes boring the game up.

Stop ignoring the fact that 120 players have a waiver for Adderal this season. The question is why do so many need it? Do they all have adhd? It's not a PED. It's an amphetamine which have been taken in baseball for 60+ years. I'm not giving him a pass but a great point was brought up and shockingly it went 10 miles over your head.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

People are using it to cheat. It is bad for you. They should remove the exceptions. AHDD is bs anyway.

Excuses plent6 of players don't take speed to play baseball if they increased roster size managers would want three more pitchers and their would be more pitching changes boring the game up.

That is why I increased it by three and not just one.

With three I think there is a pretty good chance two of them are position players.

If you really wanted to make sure, make it part of the wording.

Wrong. ARod had a therapeutic use exemption for mainline testosterone. You may want to rant here. But there is a difference.

There is no difference. Chatting is cheating. Any prescription drug you can easily get a prescription for it. If I went to a doctor and said I have trouble concentrating they would give me a prescription for speed. If I said I was nervous they would give me Xanax if I said I was in pain I would get Vicadin. Doctors give out medicine like it is candy.

There is no difference. Chatting is cheating. Any prescription drug you can easily get a prescription for it. If I went to a doctor and said I have trouble concentrating they would give me a prescription for speed. If I said I was nervous they would give me Xanax if I said I was in pain I would get Vicadin. Doctors give out medicine like it is candy.

I disagree with you completely. And I defend your right to be wrong. The kids are over medicated today. Why would we think they would grow into under medicated results?

If everybody was on steroids and each team averaged 120 home runs a season and then nobody was on steroids and each team averaged 20 home runs a season, yeah it would be reasonable to talk about moving the fences in.

Umm. But that didn't happen. Just like players aren't falling asleep all the time during games.

Davis cheated. He got caught. It is what it is.

My understanding is that people with ADHD can't focus as well as normal people, so by taking Adderall they get back to something like normal. It doesn't enhance their performance in relation to others rather it more or less levels the playing field for them. I would think it would be pretty difficult for someone to play baseball well with less than normal focus. My question is if Davis got an exemption last year why was he turned down this year? This is not a condition that comes and goes, people have to deal with it for life. They may chose to not take the drugs and deal with the symptoms, but the symptoms are there. Or did he fail to apply for the exemption this year? Even so if he found after a few months, he needed Adderall, he could have gotten the exemption then. Very curious.

Archived