OK, so it looks like Detroit

vab

FAMOUS SPORTS UPSETS:

Clay defeats Liston, 1964.

Douglas Defeats Tyson, 1990.

The 1968 Jets beat the Colts in Super Bowl III, 16-7.

The 1980 U.S.A. hockey team defeats the U.S.S.R. in the medal round, 4-3.

North Carolina State beats the University of Houston, 1983 National Championship Game.

The 2014 Orioles somehow find a way to beat the Detroit Tigers, A.L.D.S.

Yeah, just doesn't fit in there, does it? :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, just doesn't fit in there, does it? :)

I added an asterisk to the final upset on the list. The other upsets have already occurred. The Orioles over the Tigers in the 2014 A.L.D.S. (assuming that that series even happens in the first place) is only a glitter in we Oriole fans eyes right now.

Sorry, but you are so anti-Orioles at times.

There is a line between healthy critique and flat out over the top posts, and your Tigers is vastly superior to the Orioles, like most of your other posts, is over the top and then some. Comparing this series to the Jets and superbowl 3, is a typical example.

You are right that was an extreme example and a bit over the top but sometimes I am forced to do that as I was responding to BRobinson's post mistakenly accusing me of now suddenly changing my stance that Detroit is a better team!

Sorry, but you are so anti-Orioles at times.

There is a line between healthy critique and flat out over the top posts, and your Tigers is vastly superior to the Orioles, like most of your other posts, is over the top and then some. Comparing this series to the Jets and superbowl 3, is a typical example.

Precisely. And Old#5Fan never seems quite so happy as when the Orioles are playing badly and out of contention... because... well... I just think he likes to be the contrarian. He's been largely silent while they've spent the summer atop the American League East.

Months ago he tried to suggest that Detroit was the vastly superior team because they swept us in a three game series at home... ignoring the fact conclusions based on a three game series mean next to nothing. Detroit is a stong team, for sure... but if they were that much better than the Orioles they would have the better record on the season and they don't. I honestly think he hopes that Detroit wins.

Archived