OK, so it looks like Detroit

vab

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me nuts but I would include Jimenez on the ALDS roster and start him on Friday. Detroit crushes lefties. My rotation would be:

1) Tillman

2) UJ

3) Gonzo

4) Tilly if down 2-1 or Norris if up 2-1

5) Norris if Tilly burned/Tillman if O's up 2-1

The O's are really solid and I love them BUT my Head says Tigers in 4 BUT my Heart says O's in 5. If the O's beat Max game 1 O's win series. I just get a bit of "sports concerned" with the offense striking out a bunch and being non-selective and the Tiger offense is too talented and feel they are going to break-out. But I BELIEVE IN BUCK, get to Max and Price early they have thrown a ton of innings! Go O's!!!

Call me nuts but I would include Jimenez on the ALDS roster and start him on Friday. Detroit crushes lefties. My rotation would be:

1) Tillman

2) UJ

3) Gonzo

4) Tilly if down 2-1 or Norris if up 2-1

5) Norris if Tilly burned/Tillman if O's up 2-1

The O's are really solid and I love them BUT my Head says Tigers in 4 BUT my Heart says O's in 5. If the O's beat Max game 1 O's win series. I just get a bit of "sports concerned" with the offense striking out a bunch and being non-selective and the Tiger offense is too talented and feel they are going to break-out. But I BELIEVE IN BUCK, get to Max and Price early they have thrown a ton of innings! Go O's!!!

Why would you start Jimenez over either Gausman or Norris?

Realistically, this looks like a very tight matchup. The Tigers have the better offense, we have the better defense. Statistically, our starters have the better ERA, but their seem more capable of absolutely shutting a team down on a given night. Our bullpen is much better, but their starters go deeper in games so the Tigers aren't as reliant on the bullpen. The Tigers' key players are all healthy, whereas we are missing several key players due to injury (Wieters, Machado) or PED suspension (Davis). Overall, I think the Tigers will be slight favorites due to this last factor. I think our starters are going to have to shut down the Tigers' offense pretty well for us to win.

Realistically, this looks like a very tight matchup. The Tigers have the better offense, we have the better defense. Statistically, our starters have the better ERA, but their seem more capable of absolutely shutting a team down on a given night. Our bullpen is much better, but their starters go deeper in games so the Tigers aren't as reliant on the bullpen. The Tigers' key players are all healthy, whereas we are missing several key players due to injury (Wieters, Machado) or PED suspension (Davis). Overall, I think the Tigers will be slight favorites due to this last factor. I think our starters are going to have to shut down the Tigers' offense pretty well for us to win.

I agree with every aspect of this and I am really hoping that missing those key players doesn't finally come back to haunt us. We have done exceedingly well without them so hopefully that continues. But my confidence level would be exponentially higher if we had even just Manny back. 3b makes me real nervous.

Archived