SS .693-.582

LF .837-.818

CF .762-.723

RF .744-.767

DH .798-.953

SP ERA 3.61-3.81

WHIP 1.29-1.26

K/9 6.87-7.63

With the exception of Cabrera and Martinez we are pretty evenly matched on offense and the SP is pretty close when you factor in the O's superior defense. We have the better bullpen, and we have a much better manager.DET is no slam dunk over the O's IMO.

Just curious, is that their CF numbers since they traded Jackson or including his numbers?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their games was extremely early in the season scheduled.

Neither team looks the same now, as they did in early May.

Its always better to be playing better now, than early. :)

Oh I agree... its just the he was espousing this "Detroit is vastly superior to the O's argument" earlier in the year

on the basis of Detroit sweeping us in a three game series. Now, of course, he's changed his tune. Toronto has a 5-1 record against Detroit so I guess they're better than Detroit. :-)

Without, at least according to ESPN, when I just ran the figures and its .819.

J.D. Martinez at .955 for 76 games gives them the .

Not sure what you are trying to say here but JD plays LF. Rajai Davis has been their CF since the Jackson trade, which is a major reason why I don't like that deal for them.

My own two cents, their offense and starting pitching is a bit better than ours, our bullpen is better than theirs, and our defense blows theirs away (especially with the loss of Jackson). It's going to be a very good competitive series. This year our overall ERA is sitting at 3.44 (#7 in MLB), theirs is 4.01 (#23 in MLB). Runs Allowed is even more in our favor, 565 (3.65 per game, #5 in MLB) vs 674 (4.35 per game, #22 in MLB). Our run differential is about double theirs. Scherzer/Price et al pitch to their historical stats, they will probably win. If they pitch to their stats this year, we have a great shot.

Oh I agree... its just the he was espousing this "Detroit is vastly superior to the O's argument" earlier in the year

on the basis of Detroit sweeping us in a three game series. Now, of course, he's changed his tune. Toronto has a 5-1 record against Detroit so I guess they're better than Detroit. :-)

I have no idea what has diminished your reading comprehension skills old friend, but no where, no how have I ever indicated I think the Orioles are now better than Detroit. Quite the contrary, I have consistently and steadfastly maintained the opposite. Could they possibly upset Detroit in the playoffs? Sure, anything is possible, as the Jets proved in Superbowl III, and the Mets in 69 WS, just not very likely.

I have no idea what has diminished your reading comprehension skills old friend, but no where, no how have I ever indicated I think the Orioles are now better than Detroit. Quite the contrary, I have consistently and steadfastly maintained the opposite. Could they possibly upset Detroit in the playoffs? Sure, anything is possible, as the Jets proved in Superbowl III, and the Mets in 69 WS, just not very likely.

You would have to be a fan of this team, first.

I don't think either team will or should be the type of underdog that the Jets and Mets were. This is a short series between two pretty good baseball teams, both of which have played well in September. Detroit has a couple of big name arms who could get hot in the playoffs, but the Orioles have been the more consistent team. I'll be interested to see what the Vegas oddsmakers think, once the matchups are set, but I doubt either team will be a heavy favorite.

You would have to be a fan of this team, first.

Oh so now anyone who thinks another team is better than the Orioles is no longer a fan? There are plenty of teams (in fact most NFL teams are better than the lousy Redskins but if you acknowledge that it makes you no longer a Redskin fan? gimme a break.

Oh so now anyone who thinks another team is better than the Orioles is no longer a fan? There are plenty of teams (in fact most NFL teams are better than the lousy Redskins but if you acknowledge that it makes you no longer a Redskin fan? gimme a break.

Geesh...I agree. That is silliness.

I love these fans that rank their fandom and take it so seriously....it is like church and who is a better Christian....after a while, it gets old. Just enjoy the game. After all, it is JUST a game.

Geesh...I agree. That is silliness.

I love these fans that rank their fandom and take it so seriously....it is like church and who is a better Christian....after a while, it gets old. Just enjoy the game. After all, it is JUST a game.

It is and it isn't. In the grand scheme of things, yeah, it's just a game if you want to get all literal on us. But within the scope of baseball or "sports" overall, the O's making it to the postseason and the ensuing results are pretty much the most important thing on earth as far as I'm concerned. And yes, it even ranks higher on the list of priorities than most real-life circumstances for a little while. Simply put, sports means different things to different people. Sometimes you never know why someone is so fanatical.

It's like Scottie says so often, you don't get to tell me how to be a fan. Same is true of the opposite, of course.

It is and it isn't. In the grand scheme of things, yeah, it's just a game if you want to get all literal on us. But within the scope of baseball or "sports" overall, the O's making it to the postseason and the ensuing results are pretty much the most important thing on earth as far as I'm concerned. And yes, it even ranks higher on the list of priorities than most real-life circumstances for a little while. Simply put, sports means different things to different people. Sometimes you never know why someone is so fanatical.

It's like Scottie says so often, you don't get to tell me how to be a fan. Same is true of the opposite, of course.

Great post sir. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but you are so anti-Orioles at times.

There is a line between healthy critique and flat out over the top posts, and your Tigers is vastly superior to the Orioles, like most of your other posts, is over the top and then some. Comparing this series to the Jets and superbowl 3, is a typical example.

Sorry, but you are so anti-Orioles at times.

There is a line between healthy critique and flat out over the top posts, and your Tigers is vastly superior to the Orioles, like most of your other posts, is over the top and then some. Comparing this series to the Jets and Super Bowl III, is a typical example.

FAMOUS SPORTS UPSETS:

Clay defeats Liston, 1964.

Douglas Defeats Tyson, 1990.

The 1968 Jets beat the Colts in Super Bowl III, 16-7.

The 1980 U.S.A. hockey team defeats the U.S.S.R. in the medal round, 4-3.

North Carolina State beats the University of Houston, 1983 National Championship Game.

The 2014 Orioles somehow find a way to beat the Detroit Tigers, A.L.D.S. *

* Has not yet come to fruition. Oriole fans can only hope.

Archived