OK, so it looks like Detroit

vab

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I was born in Maryland and only root for Baltimore or Maryland based teams.

I just don't see how Detroit has "fell apart" when IMO they are going to win their division just as predicted and again be the heavy favorite to make the World Series. They seem to be peaking at the perfect time similar to how the Raven looked bad earlier in the season in 2012 until changing their OC and getting Ray Lewis back.

Really? The last 20 games Detroit is 12-8, the Orioles are 15-5. So while, as you say, the Tigers are peaking, the Orioles, pulled 3 games further away. Lets go back to the All-Star break. Detroit is 33-30, Baltimore, 41-19. And lets go back even further. That sweep you keep referring to, since then, Detroit is 62-56, Baltimore, 73, that's right, seventy-three and 43. Detroit is good but a very very beatable team.

You may be right. Detroit has a lineup that wears down a starter especially the further in the game. They will score runs against us and I am worried that our offense won't be as good in scoring against them. Even with both Manny and Chris Davy's I would be worried but just not nearly as much.

Guess you didn't get the memo: We Won't Stop

Detroit is a much more fearsome team to face in the playoffs than the Angels or Nats in my opinion. The Orioles were 4-2 against the Angels and though I believe the Nats are better than the Angels we also took the season series from them I believe. That lineup and those starting pitchers have the talent and experience to dominate, especially in a short series. I hope I am wrong but I just don't think so

Pretty stupid to say you fear a team that is fighting to get in the playoffs but you aren't worried about the best team in the league.

One thing to keep in mind (and it might've already been mentioned) is that the Tigers' bullpen will be stronger in the postseason than in the regular season, because they'll get to move one of their starting pitchers to the 'pen for the playoffs. It could be Anibal Sanchez, or maybe even Verlander. That means they won't have to use their lousy middle relievers quite as often.

If Buck pulls the starters when theyre out of gas and not later then we can beat Detroit in 5 game series.. but it will be tough because of the pitching matcups. I think we can hit price, but verlander?? scary in the playoffs!

Welcome to the board!!! It is a place where I have learned much every day about baseball and our Os!!

One thing to keep in mind (and it might've already been mentioned) is that the Tigers' bullpen will be stronger in the postseason than in the regular season, because they'll get to move one of their starting pitchers to the 'pen for the playoffs. It could be Anibal Sanchez, or maybe even Verlander. That means they won't have to use their lousy middle relievers quite as often.

Remember Verlander starting the all star game a few years ago and getting rocked?

He tends to get stronger as the game goes on. Seeing him for 1-2 innings out of the pen doesn't scare me.

Now if it is Detroit, does Chen even make the roster for the first round?

Pretty stupid to say you fear a team that is fighting to get in the playoffs but you aren't worried about the best team in the league.

Actually it is way more stupid and goes against history to assume a team is the best in the league if they have the most regular season wins. The best team in the league will be determined by who wins the AL championship which last time I checked involved winning the playoffs. IMO I think that will most likely be Detroit or the O's if they could somehow get by the Tigers.

Actually it is way more stupid and goes against history to assume a team is the best in the league if they have the most regular season wins. The best team in the league will be determined by who wins the AL championship which last time I checked involved winning the playoffs. IMO I think that will most likely be Detroit or the O's if they could somehow get by the Tigers.

So you don't think the Tigers are the stronger team? What about their superior record against the O's this year?

Archived