vs. Yankees 9/24

weams

The REAL original Yankee Stadium (1923-1973) was tailored made for left-handed power hitters (Ruth, Gehrig, etc.)

296 feet down the right field line, and the wall was 4 feet high.

The current Yankee Stadium is a carbon copy of the 2nd Yankee Stadium (1976-2008.)

If we are going to be sticklers for historical accuracy, then where did they play before 1923? That could not be the original stadium then.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I just got my winning lottery e-mail! Presale is Saturday at 10am.
This is what I just got sent to me
Thank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets for the 2014 American League Division Series. Unfortunately' date=' your entry was not selected.[/color'] You remain eligible for the American League Championship Series and World Series if you selected that when registering for the Postseason Ticket Opportunity.

Want to guarantee an opportunity to buy Postseason Tickets? Place a deposit on an Orioles 2015 Full or Partial Season Plan and you are guaranteed an opportunity to buy 2014 Orioles ALCS and World Series tickets before the general public. Place the deposit by midnight TONIGHT and you're guaranteed a chance to buy at least one 2014 ALDS game as well!

Those bastards !!! :angryfire:

If we are going to be sticklers for historical accuracy, then where did they play before 1923? That could not be the original stadium then.

That WAS the original Yankee Stadium (1923-1973.)

Before 1923, the Yankees shared the park that belonged to the New York Giants (the Polo Grounds.)

Archived