Orioles working on Markakis extension as well

xian4

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would absolutely love to get Cruz resigned for three more years!

I would love this year's Cruz for three more. But he's never had a hitting performance like that in his career, and he's 34 and been in the league for almost a decade. Highly unlikely Cruz is hitting anything like this in three years.

Would love to keep Markakis around -- I believe his defensive talent spike (and Adam's) is more real than not, and there's definite value in a 155+ game guy who provides league average hitting production. Corner outfield ain't what it used to be. And I don't know where else we'll get that production unless we want to overspend on Melky or take a chance on Tomas.

I'd like to get a draft pick out of Cruz. We lucked out on his health this year.

Would love to keep Markakis around -- I believe his defensive talent spike (and Adam's) is more real than not, and there's definite value in a 155+ game guy who provides league average hitting production. Corner outfield ain't what it used to be. And I don't know where else we'll get that production unless we want to overspend on Melky or take a chance on Tomas.

I'd like to get a draft pick out of Cruz. We lucked out on his health this year.

Would you roll the dice on Pearce as your right fielder?

I'll be thrilled if they work something out with Nick. Hardy was the top priority for me and I'm glad they got that one done.

I'll be thrilled if they work something reasonable out for Nick. He's a nice, dependable, fairly reliable 2-win player entering his 30s. If he gets more than about 3/30 we're entering shaky territory. I think he gets quite a bit more than 3/30.

I'll be thrilled if they work something reasonable out for Nick. He's a nice, dependable, fairly reliable 2-win player entering his 30s. If he gets more than about 3/30 we're entering shaky territory. I think he gets quite a bit more than 3/30.

I'm looking at this one more as a pure fan, rather than as a sabermetrician. My three favorite Orioles of their eras -- Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray, and Mike Mussina --all got traded or left as free agents, and I just hated to see them leave. It made Oriole baseball just a little less enjoyable for me, to have my favorite player playing somewhere else. I just don't want that with Nick, who is my favorite player of this era, even though he's not the player those other three were and far from the best player on this team. If we sign him for too much money, for me it will be like eating an overpriced desert that you really want.

I'm looking at this one more as a pure fan, rather than as a sabermetrician. My three favorite Orioles of their eras -- Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray, and Mike Mussina --all got traded or left as free agents, and I just hated to see them leave. It made Oriole baseball just a little less enjoyable for me, to have my favorite player playing somewhere else. I just don't want that with Nick, who is my favorite player of this era, even though he's not the player those other three were and far from the best player on this team. If we sign him for too much money, for me it will be like eating an overpriced desert that you really want.

Nick is like this for me....:thumbsup1:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1283&d=1412889975

Archived