vs. ROYALS, 10/15 (A.L.C.S., Game Four)

OFFNY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just keep waiting for the absolute, end-all piece of good luck for the Royals. Like, something nobody could even imagine happening like the game-winning home run hitting a bird in mid-air and falling into Cain's glove.

My prediction:

We have the bases loaded with one out, down by a run and Cruz hits a linedrive right back to the pitcher. Line drive hits the rubber rebounds right back to the catcher standing on homeplate, who then throws to first for the forceout.

I was pitching once way back when and something similar happened - rebounded off the rubber foul for a strike. Probably once of the luckiest things I've seen from a pitcher's perspective.

Lot of games against the hapless AL East. Lot of games against teams that no longer had anything to play for. Playoffs are such a different beast.

Meh, NY and TOR were still playing to get in/playing for Jeter, and TB was trying to show that they were better than their record due to injuries. Long story short, I disagree

If the Royals advance, I want them to get absolutely CRUSHED in the World Series. I want every Royals fan to get an even bigger head, then get it knocked off their shoulders. I want an ocean of tears that makes the Mississippi River Flood of 1993 look like small potatoes. (Yes, I know the river bounds the other side of the state. That's the point.) I WANT THEM TO EXPERIENCE SOUL-DISSEMBLING PAIN.

Lot of games against the hapless AL East. Lot of games against teams that no longer had anything to play for. Playoffs are such a different beast.

I hate this narrative. The AL East had the best combined winning percentage of any division in baseball. There may not have been a second really good team, but it was not the NL West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious....how many games would we have to play in order to beat them once? Would another 10 do it? Or would they win all of those too?

They look unbeatable by anyone. They also look like they know it. I don't think I have ever seen a more confident or even cocky bunch. Even Yost the manager has that "cat who swallowed the canary" look about him at all times.

Archived