Orioles Discussing Four-Year Deal With Nick Markakis (Signs w/ATL)

Greg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
90% that he signs with the O's. However, if he is still unsigned a week from today it's 50/50 and start's going down.

If we couldn't sign him with the leverage of the QO, I'm not sure how he's at 90% now. That said, I really don't have a good feel for how he may be valued by some other teams out there and under the current market (which should be favorable for him).

I tend to value him fairly low (3/30 - ish), but I'm prepared to be surprised on this one.

What leverage of the QO? Markakis and his agent had nothing to lose by waiting to see if the O's offered a QO or not. .

Yeah, I have already disagreed with this. I think it was about 50/50 they would have accepted it (and been handicapped by turning it down). So, the potential of a QO being hung on you is negotiating leverage.

I think a 3/30 contract is not that low of a valuation

As I said, I am prepared for it to go higher than what I think his value is.

What do you think he will get on the market now?

90% that he signs with the O's. However, if he is still unsigned a week from today it's 50/50 and start's going down.

I think you're right about this. There seems to be some momentum to get a deal done, but the longer they wait, the more one side or the other may get cold feet.

Don't care. I just want someone to save the front office from themselves.

Personally, I am at the point, somebody, anybody, sign the man, so tired of talking about Kakes and his future. I love the guy, and respect him for what he has done for the team and all that good stuff.

But, geeze, we have beat this topic to death in here.

Personally, I am at the point, somebody, anybody, sign the man, so tired of talking about Kakes and his future. I love the guy, and respect him for what he has done for the team and all that good stuff.

But, geeze, we have beat this topic to death in here.

I think the topic of Markakis manning RF for the next four years is worth beating to death.

At least Roberts was still productive when they extended him.

I think the topic of Markakis manning RF for the next four years is worth beating to death.

At least Roberts was still productive when they extended him.

Roberts was an productive member and a leader of a unproductive team.

Kakes is an important cog of a playoff caliper team.

In 2012, when Kakes went down, the team wasn't the same.

Archived