Jon Heyman: Agent, GM, and His Guess on Free Agents

weams

And our catcher and third baseman were rehabbing.

And BABIP.

I just picked the one item that was definitive. A healthy Chris Davis counteracts those right handed arms. Even when he is not playing well. The others would have made the difference as well of course. I think the most foolish thing is to try to assemble your World Series roster in the winter when you need to play those 162 to even get a chance. That is what Dan needs to build And he knows it. Ask Billy Beane how morphing a team for the post season works.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just picked the one item that was definitive. A healthy Chris Davis counteracts those right handed arms. Even when he is not playing well. The others would have made the difference as well of course. I think the most foolish thing is to try to assemble your World Series roster in the winter when you need to play those 162 to even get a chance. That is what Dan needs to build And he knows it. Ask Billy Beane how morphing a team for the post season works.

If Billy had called me I would have told him it was a bad idea.

If Markakis can get 4 years for $40-50 million, the O's need to see what they can get for Davis.

I would like the O's to do something like this.

Trade Davis for prospects

Sign LaRoche 1B

Sign Aoki RF (something like 3 yr/$21 mill) Markakis signs elsewhere

Sign Cruz DH, 3 yr/45 mill sounds good. He has always hit, his problem has been staying healthy.

Bullpen arm -someone like Neshek or Hochevar to take Miller's place.

If Markakis can get 4 years for $40-50 million, the O's need to see what they can get for Davis.

I would like the O's to do something like this.

Trade Davis for prospects

Sign LaRoche 1B

Sign Aoki RF (something like 3 yr/$21 mill) Markakis signs elsewhere

Sign Cruz DH, 3 yr/45 mill sounds good. He has always hit, his problem has been staying healthy.

Bullpen arm -someone like Neshek or Hochevar to take Miller's place.

Buying Neshek at this point would be the worst thing I could think to do. Sorry. And One year of a 12 million dollar guy coming off a poor season and suspension nets you the equivalent of Mike Ohlman and Buck Britton.

I'd actually be somewhat OK with the projected 3 yr, $45 mil deal for Cruz, IF that is the money saved from declining Markakis. I think Cruz as a DH can continue to put up 30 HR seasons.

I'm not all that high on Aoki. I see him as having similar value to De Aza, for a bit higher a price.

I'd actually be somewhat OK with the projected 3 yr, $45 mil deal for Cruz, IF that is the money saved from declining Markakis. I think Cruz as a DH can continue to put up 30 HR seasons.

I'm not all that high on Aoki. I see him as having similar value to De Aza, for a bit higher a price.

I think there is zero chance that Cruz can be had at that price.

Look at what Granderson got last year...there is always a sucker out there willing to pay for hope

Archived