Will Michael Cuddyer Be the First?

weams

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this turn of events call into question DD's decision not to offer a QO to Nick?

I think if we do not sign Nick that it does. Remember though. Dan has the philosophy that a qualifying offer is money spent. And maybe he chose not to spend it. I do not know. If the Orioles still sign him then it is a moot point. Nick wasn't taking 20 million to go to the Mets.

I think if we do not sign Nick that it does. Remember though. Dan has the philosophy that a qualifying offer is money spent. And maybe he chose not to spend it. I do not know. If the Orioles still sign him then it is a moot point. Nick wasn't taking 20 million to go to the Mets.

I agree. I think anything above 4/40 for Nick is insane, but Dan just might get Nick on his terms when the dust settles. I actually think 4/40 is pretty generous for Nick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Francisco Liriano's agents scheduled to meet with 6 teams at GM meetings; Meeting with multiple teams tonight <a href="http://t.co/DDpLzoW8sA">http://t.co/DDpLzoW8sA</a></p>— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayMLB) <a href="

">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess he is declining as well?

Sorry' date=' not that familiar with the Mets, their outfield needs and salary constraints. Didn't the Yankees sign two or three outfielders last offseason?[/quote']

Absolutely. I did not mean that as snarky as it reads back. Yeah, the Mets won't spend another ten million a year in the outfield so it does limit Nick there. My bad. Sorry bud.

Yes, Obviously.
Sorry' date=' not that familiar with the Mets, their outfield needs and salary constraints. Didn't the Yankees sign two or three outfielders last offseason?[/quote']

What I meant was that you were right. It does. I was agreeing. I was multi tasking and it came out wrong.

Archived