Right-Handed Power in the Outfield

weams

No I don't think you need to drag anything like that into it. Baseball is a grind but you can still have good games mixed in with struggles. He basically underperformed all through June,July and August - 646/671/725, but seemed to get going in that last month. It's also difficult to know what goes into the performance for the playoffs, some players seem to be better in October consistently.

It's also worth noting that it's not like a 770 ops is bad - not great for a DH,but definitely above league average.

I don't think the June/July/August numbers mean that much. Cruz' year was not that different from his career average. The main difference was that he played 159 G. He has only played more than 128 G one other time in his career. I think you can get 30 HR, 80 RBI from him the next two years with a drop off in the third. I'd go 3/45 for that.

I don't think the June/July/August numbers mean that much. Cruz' year was not that different from his career average. The main difference was that he played 159 G. He has only played more than 128 G one other time in his career. I think you can get 30 HR, 80 RBI from him the next two years with a drop off in the third. I'd go 3/45 for that.

Yeah I basically agree, I'm wary of a 4 year offer, but 3 years in the <50M is doable.

Archived