Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

Interesting theory! I actually heard that upon WATCHING the physical from the corner of the room, Angelos started laughing uncontrollably. Jones quickly reponded..."I was in the pool! I was in the pool!"

Wow. I heard that they had him take a drug test and he failed it. Jones blamed the failed test on a poppy seed muffin.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, I just don't see it.

You're getting our ace. Probably the most dominant left-handed pitcher in MLB not named Johan Santana. And in return, you get to hang onto Clement, Triunfel, Morrow and Balentein. Sure, you lose Jones, but you have to give up talent to get talent.

Not that my opinion means crap, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with a starting rotation led by Bedard and King Felix.

For how long? A month? A year? 2 years?

If he gets injured or doesn't re-sign it's a waste. This move still only makes them at best the 6th best team in the AL as of right now. The LAA should still be favored to win the west imo.

Losing Adam Jones for two years of Bedard and a very real possibility of no playoffs? Bad deal.

[/b]

If he gets injured or doesn't re-sign it's a waste. This move still only makes them at best the 6th best team in the AL as of right now. The LAA should still be favored to win the west imo.

Losing Adam Jones for two years of Bedard and a very real possibility of no playoffs? Bad deal.

Okay, and what happens if Adam Jones doesn't work out? What happens if Tillman suffers a huge injury? Or George decides to retire or go back to with Seattle after his contract?

There is a bunch of "What if" questions going on, and any could be put into a scenario to make it look lopsided. Adam Jones isn't proven and could be the next Corey Patterson, What if then?

Bedard at least pitches well enough to be considered an elite pitcher. Stop trying to sell us on your "woe is me" crap

I'm sorry, I couldn't find the article. I got stuck on the "sunshine girl" feature.

:D

Ugh. Please tell me that you werent looking at the Thursday girl.

After using that function, Thursday and Saturday went from being my two favorite days to my least favorite days.

Though Sunday did become a favorite! And I think I will always like Friday! :D

Now how many more people would read the Baltimore Sun if they had this feature!

[/b]

Bedard gives the M's a legitimate chance to make the playoffs for the next 2 years. IMO, most people would be elated by that. AND, because you will be conteders, the M's will surely have a much better chance at signing him long-term than the O's did.

Like in all other sports, injuries happen.....not much you can do about them, and fretting about them is useless.

Okay, and what happens if Adam Jones doesn't work out? What happens if Tillman suffers a huge injury? Or George decides to retire or go back to with Seattle after his contract?

There is a bunch of "What if" questions going on, and any could be put into a scenario to make it look lopsided. Adam Jones isn't proven and could be the next Corey Patterson, What if then?

Bedard at least pitches well enough to be considered an elite pitcher. Stop trying to sell us on your "woe is me" crap

Couldn't have said it better myself. Rep to you.

You see, unlike you, I'm not totally making something up. Unlike Jones and Tillman, Bedard has actually been prone to injury/missing time. Jones and Tillman not so much. I'm not even upset about Sherrill so...

And unlike Corey Patterson, Adam Jones has improved every year in the minor leagues. Corey Patterson never produced at AAA like Jones has the last two years.

Top it off with a real possibility of no playoffs and Bedard gone in two years, and it spells a crappy deal, something the M's do a lot.

You see, unlike you, I'm not totally making something up. Unlike Jones and Tillman, Bedard has actually been prone to injury/missing time. Jones and Tillman not so much. I'm not even upset about Sherrill so...

And unlike Corey Patterson, Adam Jones has improved every year in the minor leagues. Corey Patterson never produced at AAA like Jones has the last two years.

Top it off with a real possibility of no playoffs and Bedard gone in two years, and it spells a crappy deal, something the M's do a lot.

So, just because Jones and Tillman haven't been injured in the past, they can't be injured in the future?

Also, Bedard had an oblique injury last year. Not exactly career threatening. He could've come back, but considering the season was already a lost cause, there was no point.

Whether you like it or not, this trade is a good deal for both sides. Other than you, I haven't seen another Mariners fan (on this board) that isn't tickled to death about getting Bedard.

Archived