J Upton...(Traded to SD)

srh523

Justin Upton is from VA. That might appeal to him to extend. I'd do Miguel Gonzalez and Tim Berry for Justin Upton. Extend him to a 5/70 deal with an option. Then I'd go all in for Lester. Sign Morse to a cheap 1 year deal to DH. Platoon De Aza and Pearce in RF.

0% of getting Upton that cheap. He will get at least 5/85 type deal that Jones got.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Still possible <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash">#Braves</a> could trade Gattis (4 yrs control) and not Upton (1). Get solid return, keep Upton, take draft pick at end of season.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If we had Justin Upton and he was in the final year of a his contract' date=' and we traded him for Miguel Gonzalez + our fanbase would be up in arms. As been said many times over, you have to give talent to get talent.[/quote']

He's had one year in the last three of a WAR above 3. We aren't exactly getting the most productive player back.

He's had one year in the last three of a WAR above 3. We aren't exactly getting the most productive player back.

Upton WAR over last three years = 8.2

Gonzo WAR over last three years = 7.2

I think if you factor in adding Bridwell and Cisco (the deal I propose) with the fact that you have Gonzo through 2017, it might make sense for the Braves.

Upton WAR over last three years = 8.2

Gonzo WAR over last three years = 7.2

I think if you factor in adding Bridwell and Cisco (the deal I propose) with the fact that you have Gonzo through 2017, it might make sense for the Braves.

You also have to take into consideration that we only get one year of Upton. I don't think one year of Upton is worth Gausman, Bundy, or Harvey. Upton is a good player, but not necessarily a difference maker.

You also have to take into consideration that we only get one year of Upton. I don't think one year of Upton is worth Gausman, Bundy, or Harvey. Upton is a good player, but not necessarily a difference maker.

One year and the pick.

Of course he will be handsomely rewarded for the one year.

1. Justin Upton to the Orioles

While their hesitance to go to a fourth guaranteed year for Nelson Cruz is understandable, the immediate fact of the matter is that the reigning home run champ now resides elsewhere. Even with Matt Wieters and Manny Machado getting healthier, and even if you believe that Chris Davis is going to rebound, the O's have some potential for major offensive regression if they don't make some moves this winter.

In Upton, the O's can reel in a corner outfielder who has a history of getting on base roughly 35 percent of the time, and can give you a 30-plus-homer season at Camden Yards. This is the kind of move the O's need to make to maintain their top spot in an AL East in which the Red Sox and Blue Jays are obviously both dramatically improved.

Here's the rub: The Braves, who appear more certain than ever to move Upton now that they've signed Nick Markakis, are looking for young, controllable arms in their bid to build a contender for 2017. There was a time when a top-tier pitching prospect such as Dylan Bundy would have netted far more years of contractual control than Upton, a pending free agent, provides. But in this starting-saturated market - and with Bundy re-establishing himself following Tommy John surgery - I'm not so sure that's the case. Would the O's be willing to part with Bundy's long-term potential for some short-term thump? Hard to say, but their free-agent options have thinned in a hurry.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/103093450/10-bold-2014-mlb-winter-meetings-predictions

1. Justin Upton to the Orioles

While their hesitance to go to a fourth guaranteed year for Nelson Cruz is understandable, the immediate fact of the matter is that the reigning home run champ now resides elsewhere. Even with Matt Wieters and Manny Machado getting healthier, and even if you believe that Chris Davis is going to rebound, the O's have some potential for major offensive regression if they don't make some moves this winter.

In Upton, the O's can reel in a corner outfielder who has a history of getting on base roughly 35 percent of the time, and can give you a 30-plus-homer season at Camden Yards. This is the kind of move the O's need to make to maintain their top spot in an AL East in which the Red Sox and Blue Jays are obviously both dramatically improved.

Here's the rub: The Braves, who appear more certain than ever to move Upton now that they've signed Nick Markakis, are looking for young, controllable arms in their bid to build a contender for 2017. There was a time when a top-tier pitching prospect such as Dylan Bundy would have netted far more years of contractual control than Upton, a pending free agent, provides. But in this starting-saturated market - and with Bundy re-establishing himself following Tommy John surgery - I'm not so sure that's the case. Would the O's be willing to part with Bundy's long-term potential for some short-term thump? Hard to say, but their free-agent options have thinned in a hurry.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/103093450/10-bold-2014-mlb-winter-meetings-predictions

Do people actually get paid to write this nonsense or is it just bloviating free of charge and reason? Bundy for one year of Justin Upton? Come on!

It's impossible to justify Upton for Bundy' date=' and if the O's make that move, we should just fold the franchise. Upton has so little value on his contract, even with the pick thrown in.[/quote']

Im not saying they should trade Bundy for Upton ....But how about trading for a guy that we can extend???

in essence Upton is worth more if he will sign an extension.

Archived