J Upton...(Traded to SD)

srh523

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re: Bundy, you guys do realize he's more than likely finished, right? His arm betrayed him. He can barely crack 92 on the radar gun and his other pitches are, apparently, not what they used to be. Trade him now before it's too late.

Really? His performance this past season was enough to put him right back in the top 15 or so prospects for many.

And like I said. Trade him. Trade him for some Jarred Cosart type, and I can maybe get on board with that.

Because Bundy was throwing harder then 92 in his rehab starts. He couldn't even bother to check the one fact he included in his post.

I love Bundy and would only move him for Kemp and money.

Because Bundy was throwing harder then 92 in his rehab starts. He couldn't even bother to check the one fact he included in his post.

Before he got shut down he was getting rocked by high A ball hitters. He's a huge question mark at this point in time.

Wow ...You must have a bad case of ADD or something. Who said anything about Keuchel (a pitcher) or Nick Franklin and his career .213 in the bigs???

I'm okay if the Orioles give a good player to get Upton if he can be extended. therefore I'd build in a window to negotiate. I'm not certain I'm giving up Bundy ...but I dont think it will take him to get the deal done. I tend to think Gonzo/Norris, Bridewell, and a third lesser guy gets it done as mentioned by earlier.

You do realize that the only reason ATL is marketing J. Upton is that, after repeated attempts, they are certain that he will not extend, right? This whole conversation about trading and extending is pure fantasy. Never going to happen. Upton wants his big FA payday. Any trade for him is a one year rental, period. Trading for him does not increase any team's chances of signing him long term. If you want to target him long term, wait until next off-season and join the auction.

Last I read, he was touching 93 (barely cracking 92) at best.

He was hitting 94 at times last season though not with consistency. Not unusual post TJ surgery.

I am pretty sure the Orioles if they had even an iota of a feeling that Bundy was done would be a lot more willing to let him go in a deal than they have shown themselves to be. Right now, nothing suggests that Bundy is having anything other than a normal rehab arc coming back from TJ surgery. But sure go ahead and make suppositions like his arm has betrayed him with no facts to support it.

I get that but if he's as good as you say this wouldn't matter.

How good do I say he is? I have no idea how good he is, and in terms of the trade, how "good" he is doesn't really matter. I haven't been arguing anything except what his market value is, and the Orioles, if they are going to trade him, which I'm fine with, should at least be getting value close to that.

Who do you think we should give to get him?

Nothing 1 year of Upton doesn't do it for me. I would give Bundy up for Kemp in a heartbeat. I don't like 1 year answer i was mad last year they only gave Cruz 1 year.

Archived