J Upton...(Traded to SD)

srh523

You'd give up Bundy for one year of Upton? I wouldn't. This is not like trading Erod for Miller in the midst of a pennant run.

I would give Bundy up for Kemp everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have no problem giving up Bundy for Upton. No brainer. Bundy will give you marginal help this year if any. With Upton, your lineup gets dynamic in a hurry with Crush, Manny and Matt back in the fold. And as a poster pointed out early, we have the potential of 4 No 1 picks in our pocket in 2016 if any of our top FAs walk. I really don't see where there is much debate here really :cool:

Seems shortsighted. I'm all for getting Upton, but not if Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey is required. Get it done for less.

Bundy for one year of Upton. That's insane. Harold Reynolds, is that you?

Yeah I don't like it. Buck and DD have been talking as though they plan on Bundy potentially helping out this year.. too much value there to give up.. unless its a mindblowing deal, which this is not.

Didn't they say it was going to take a return like they got for Heyward?

(Jason Heyward and Jordan Walden to the Cardinals for Shelby Miller and Tyrell Jenkins)

No - they said it would take more. So, it would have to start with one of the 3 young pitching studs. I'm guessing Schoop would also be involved - considering Atl's needs. The O's getting Navarro might be a lot more significant than we thought.

Yeah I don't like it. Buck and DD have been talking as though they plan on Bundy potentially helping out this year.. too much value there to give up.. unless its a mindblowing deal, which this is not.

It's not even a "good" deal. Upton has maybe 6 million dollars of excess value on his deal. And then whatever value you put on the compensation pick after the end of the season. Even if you valued the compensation pick at 10 million, which I think would be high, does anybody not think Bundy wouldn't command more than 16 million dollars on the open market?

Justin Upton is from VA. That might appeal to him to extend. I'd do Miguel Gonzalez and Tim Berry for Justin Upton. Extend him to a 5/70 deal with an option. Then I'd go all in for Lester. Sign Morse to a cheap 1 year deal to DH. Platoon De Aza and Pearce in RF.

Can someone help me understand .....why would the Braves basically trade Upton for Markakis in their OF?

I understand they will get a player or two tearing him ...but getting Nick and his .280 ish 10 hr and trading away .270ish with 25 Hr????

You answered your question - assuming tearing meads trading. They're looking primarily long-term, but they figure they can be competitive short-term - which may turn out to be wrong.

Justin Upton is from VA. That might appeal to him to extend. I'd do Miguel Gonzalez and Tim Berry for Justin Upton. Extend him to a 5/70 deal with an option. Then I'd go all in for Lester. Sign Morse to a cheap 1 year deal to DH. Platoon De Aza and Pearce in RF.

10 to 15 teams want him. You're not getting him for Gonzo and Berry.

Ah! You missed the Alex Hassan signing? Good minor league numbers and a .923 (IIRC) OPS against LHP's. 27 years old next year. Probably not a 2014 Steve Pearce but maybe a 2013 Steve Pearce.

I should have said: ...8 possible 'Pearce the 2nd' clones...and someone from an unexpected country.

Dan Duquette style!

Archived