J Upton...(Traded to SD)

srh523

Nothing is gonna reduce the cost of Upton. They said if they don't get what they want. They will just give him a QO next year.

And what, exactly, is the problem with that? That is the decision ATL has to make - keep him for 2015 and offer him a QO for a comp pick, or trade him for what he can bring in the market. There is no reason for the Orioles, or any team, to wildly overpay. If ATL gets an offer that they deem to bring them value greater than Upton's one-season half a win surplus value plus a comp pick, they will probably take it, once they are satisfied that they can't entice any team to panic and overpay.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They will ask for Bundy or Gausman, they will get told no. Then they will wait a long ass time.

Then they will either keep him and slap a QO on him or trade him midseason.

OR, he can be had for prospects like Walker and Berry.

Walker and Berry will more likely get you a grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup than a middle of the lineup bat like Upton.

Crickets ..............................

Probably because your questions were annoying. Nobody can answer with any certainty how many wins a particular trade gets you. The O's need to do some things to compete next season. If they do those somethings, nobody knows if it will be successful.

Probably because your questions were annoying. Nobody can answer with any certainty how many wins a particular trade gets you. The O's need to do some things to compete next season. If they do those somethings, nobody knows if it will be successful.

So we should just make moves to make moves, regardless of their probability of success? There is a difference between absolute speculation and educated guessing.

But nobody is asking for certainty. It can be subjective, I think people are just asking for a frame of reference.

If somebody says, "I'd trade Bundy for Upton." You ask them, "alright, what value do you put at Bundy?" The answer can't really be, "I have no idea." Then you follow that up, "alright, what value do you put at Upton?" "I have no idea." lol. Why even suggest the trade? What's the basis for somebody even wanting to make it?

He said that getting Upton was the difference between competing for the playoffs and not. It's a fair question to ask just how much a difference that he thinks Upton makes. Sorry if asking someone to back something up with logic or stats is annoying to you.

I think the difference between trotting Upton out there everyday vs trotting some average player is the difference between us being the favorites for the division vs being projected 3rd in the division.

He can put up similar to Nelson Cruz 2014 numbers, which means we can platoon De Aza and Pearce in RF, instead of playing them both every day. It also obviously adds depth to the bench, whichever one is not in the lineup will probably be better than anyone else we can bring off the bench right now.

I also am not very high on Bundy and don't look for him to see the majors this year, at best he would be a September call up.

Not ready to give up on Bundy. He was the #1 prospect or close to that in all of baseball a few years ago. He could be special.

I think the asking price for Kemp will be much less depending on how much of Kemp's contract we are willing to assume. Put me in the get Kemp category for less prospects and more $$. That's not typically how the Orioles operate, so I don't see that happening.

What I see happening is neither Upton or Kemp, but Aoki and Morales.

Dude hits bombs.

I'd trade Bundy for him if there was some way of guaranteeing a long term deal. I've soured on Bundy almost completely. He feels like a guy that will be forever working his way back, like a rich man's Hobgood.

How much do you think it's worth between being able to exclusively negotiate with him before he becomes a FA and buying him on the FA market, in terms of dollars?

Archived