J Upton...(Traded to SD)

srh523

Last I read, he was touching 93 (barely cracking 92) at best.

Granted, these are only early rehab results. A year is not a good judge.

He threw five shutout innings while allowing three hits and two walks. He racked up seven strikeouts on the evening
Bundy, who is still only 21 years old, certainly looked good but he's not all the way back to his pre-surgery form. The velocity on his fastball ranged from 90-93 while topping out at 94. Even though he's only 6'1", which isn't exceptionally tall for a pitcher he is able to get strong downward plane on his fastball due to a high three quarters delivery. His velocity pre-surgery was definitely a couple ticks faster when he sat 94-96. While his velocity is down, Bundy is going to have to command the pitch to both sides of the plate, which he was able to do in this outing. I would expect more velocity to come back as he continues to get further away from the surgery.

Friday night was the one year anniversary of the TJ surgery so he's still in recovery mode.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Justin Upton

I'd give up 1 of our top 5, 1 of our next 5, and anything below that for him.

Who know's if Bundy will ever even pitch in the Majors?

Justin Upton is the one player that would guarantee that the O's compete for the playoffs in 2015

In 2016 you give Q.O to Upton, Wieters, and Davis and retool

Too hard for a small market team to remain competitive every year, need to go all in for 2015 and then realize that you are going to lose a bunch of players in 2016

I want Justin Upton

Who know's if Bundy will ever even pitch in the Majors?

Justin Upton is the one player that would guarantee that the O's compete for the playoffs in 2015

I like how you act like Bundy pitching in the majors is not at all guaranteed but somehow having Justin Upton guarantees the Orioles will be in the playoff hunt.

I like how you act like Bundy pitching in the majors is not at all guaranteed but somehow having Justin Upton guarantees the Orioles will be in the playoff hunt.

Let me help you with reading interpretation:

What I said:

Justin Upton will guarantee that the O's compete for a playoff spot

If the O's go into the season with their present roster they will not be in the hunt for the playoffs IMHO

No one player guarantees anything. How many wins do you think Upton is worth that he is the difference between competing and not competing for a playoff spot. How man wins with the current roster? How many with Upton added and Bundy subtracted?

Whew, glad to hear it

No need to replace Cruz, and as most have said Markakis is easily replaced by a platoon of AAAA guys.

Next man up, don't do anything DD, this team is all set and ready to win 96 games, and the AL East

Let me help you with reading interpretation:

What I said:

Justin Upton will guarantee that the O's compete for a playoff spot

If the O's go into the season with their present roster they will not be in the hunt for the playoffs IMHO

The Braves had a losing record with Upton last year. There is no magic pixie dust attached to one player.

Whew, glad to hear it

No need to replace Cruz, and as most have said Markakis is easily replaced by a platoon of AAAA guys.

Next man up, don't do anything DD, this team is all set and ready to win 96 games, and the AL East

the idea you NEED impact veteran players to replace players you lose is archaic and has been proven false by the Moneyball movement of the last 15+ years. Platoons or focusing on less popular player skills can be a better way to buy your team.

Any trade for Upton would likely include our Compensation pick. Since he is a 1-year rental that could help to reduce the cost.

Nothing is gonna reduce the cost of Upton. They said if they don't get what they want. They will just give him a QO next year.

Nothing is gonna reduce the cost of Upton. They said if they don't get what they want. They will just give him a QO next year.

Is there even a potential trade target out there talked about as Upton is, whose contract has as little value on it as Upton's does? Maybe Kemp's, but Kemp's you could possibly say if X, Y, Z falls into place, he's a completely different player next year. You can't even say that about Upton. He's going to give you between a 2.5 to 3 WAR year, and you will be paying him to give you somewhat close to that. Atlanta saying a team should trade them their Bundy or Harvey, so they can acquire half a win in excess value, and then a comp pick, just seems like insanity.

Archived