Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reds continuing dialogue with both Aoki and Morse....Royals also still pursuing Aoki</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="
">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Keep sitting on your hands Dan no one is gonna be left.

There are always 400 left.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MNTwins?src=hash">#MNTwins</a> agreeing to sign Ervin Santana to a four-year deal worth $13.5 per year, per a source: <a href="http://t.co/JAVjhRqy1u">http://t.co/JAVjhRqy1u</a></p>— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) <a href="
">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't get this. If no one wanted to give up a pick and sign him to a LT deal last year, why is he signed already this year? All he did was get older.

I don't get this. If no one wanted to give up a pick and sign him to a LT deal last year, why is he signed already this year? All he did was get older.

No Ubaldo holding up the market. ;)

I don't see why the Twins felt a need, then again the Twins have had an odd approach for a while now.

I agree. I still see us as a complete team. We can't have superstars at every position, and we're still built around pitching and defense, and defense should be even better with the returns of Manny and Wieters, and with DeAza and Lough replacing Cruz/Young and Kakes.

I think we can go far in 2015, but agree with you that next offseason, some people (we know who they are) better stay away from bridges this time of year.

I don't think this team is ever complete, it's never in a stable, final configuration. My expectation is that they'll continue to add and subtract pieces all the time. They just won't likely be $50M, $100M pieces. They'll be the RH half of an outfield platoon. And a backup catcher. And some flawed-but-talented guys to stash at Norfolk.

I don't think this team is ever complete, it's never in a stable, final configuration. My expectation is that they'll continue to add and subtract pieces all the time. They just won't likely be $50M, $100M pieces. They'll be the RH half of an outfield platoon. And a backup catcher. And some flawed-but-talented guys to stash at Norfolk.

And some guy like Travis Ishikawa to come off the bench late and win the World Series. Or some guy like Joe Panik to get them there.

Craig Breslow - R - Red Sox

According to WEEI's Rob Bradford, free agent Craig Breslow has had dialogue with the Cubs.

The Mets are also interested in the left-handed reliever, and the Red Sox want to re-sign him. Breslow struggled to the tune of a 5.96 ERA in 2014 but he was excellent in 2013, finishing with a 1.81 ERA.

Related: Cubs, Mets

Source: Rob Bradford on Twitter

And some guy like Travis Ishikawa to come off the bench late and win the World Series. Or some guy like Joe Panik to get them there.

Without the willingness to lock up their studs who require 100 mil contracts. The Giants fill their team with guys like that after locking up their key pieces. The only guy we even remotely did that for was Jones, who got 85 mil. Watch Wieters, Davis, Chen and Norris walk, because we won't pay market value for them.

Without the willingness to lock up their studs who require 100 mil contracts. The Giants fill their team with guys like that after locking up their key pieces. The only guy we even remotely did that for was Jones' date=' who got 85 mil. Watch Wieters, Davis, Chen and Norris walk, because we won't pay market value for them.[/quote']

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without the willingness to lock up their studs who require 100 mil contracts. The Giants fill their team with guys like that after locking up their key pieces. The only guy we even remotely did that for was Jones' date=' who got 85 mil. Watch Wieters, Davis, Chen and Norris walk, because we won't pay market value for them.[/quote']I think we will get three or four good picks out of them. And by that time we may have a younger healthier group to take their places.

I think we will get three or four good picks out of them. And by that time we may have a younger healthier group to take their places.

Cool we can be the Rays win every year and never win it all.

Great post. And those type of guys that get stashed at Norfolk don't start signing this time of year. We did win the toughest division in baseball last year. We made additions without adding any FA's. Getting Machado and Wieters back and having Gausman ready to break out this year.

Archived