Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tigers ownership has 100% ownership.

No, you clearly don't understand the structure of the Orioles. As it stands right now the Orioles are in fact build like a (private) stock company. PA role is Board of Directors/CEO because he has the most voting shares.You can't restructure at this point without the PA buying out the rest of his partners which would require at least $250m to do at this point. But I am probably low balling the $250m number because team values have increased due to stupid deals like the Dodgers.

That is bunk IMO. Peter has controlling interest and the investors are, what 12-15 people who are beholding to Peter for the increase in their shares over that last 20 years. Peter can do pretty much anything he wants with the O's management structure.

Not disagreeing with any of this. Again, what do you believe the motive is for KR? Do you think he has a source that is telling him this stuff or he's just making it up?

I think KR's source is in MLB offices which since he does work for MLB network as well, isn't surprising. That Toronto has wined enough that MLB is trying to force the issue.

It occurrs to me that Duquette is all in for the trade. He has shown no interest in letting PA off the hook by not making a comment. He knows that Angelos has to be pissed about that. If Angelos wins and Diquette is required to fulfill his contract, what is to prevent Angelos, a year or two from now, after the Toronto job has been filled, from firing Duquette. Peter has been known to be pretty vindictive.

I'd try to bring Andy back at least on an interim basis. If he doesn't want to be the GM long term then you look for a new guy next offseason.

The problem with that is that Andy is so slow and methodical, if we brought him back now, he'd be making his first player move around June 15.

Can you speak in English instead of code?

"We're not relinquishing him, period," Angelos said. "He's signed for four more years and we're delighted by the team's performance. We intend for him to remain for the next four years. We're satisfied with him, obviously.
THIS IS GOOD data
"I have said previously and I will say it again, Dan is a sophisticated professional and he understands his contract has four remaining years to serve as general manager of the Orioles and he is expected to perform under that contract," Angelos said. "There are no negotiations. Those reports are false."

It occurrs to me that Duquette is all in for the trade. He has shown no interest in letting PA off the hook by not making a comment. He knows that Angelos has to be pissed about that. If Angelos wins and Diquette is required to fulfill his contract, what is to prevent Angelos a year or two from now, after the Toronto job has been filled, from firing Duquette. Peter has been known to be pretty vindictive.

If you thought it was hard for the O's to hire a GM last time...

AMEN It is TALENT,TALENT,TALENT, with some good breaks along the way. I am a UT fan and when they had Manning, Haynesworth and Whitten, most anyone could have had a championship run.

I thought they won with Tee Martin the year after Manning left????

Archived